2021-2022 USC Transfer

Do you think that the transfer profile is going to be more or less competitive this year?

My transcripts still have not been processed by USC - is this the case with anyone else?

I emailed my assigned USC councilor she emailed back saying to double check my name was consistent from high school / cc transcripts (which they are) but still it feels like it has been FOREVER compared to other places I applied and sent transcripts to. She did not say anything about it taking long to process
 which I did find elsewhere online.

Normal. There are many posts about this in last several pages. They take their sweet time with transfers as they have other things going on that are ahead in priority. Not saying it is right, but how it has always been.

5 Likes

My transcript also expires after 1 month of sending it too. Once it expires Im going to just resend it once it does. Hopefully they open it before it expires. I sent it on 1/28. The website my school uses also emails me when a school downloads the transcript so I know they haven’t opened it yet.

1 Like

USC downloaded my college transcript almost 2 weeks ago but my portal still isn’t updated and says it’s still awaiting on it; has anyone else experienced this as well?

same story, but mine was downloaded like a week ago. just wait, we’re fine

1 Like

Do you remember when you sent them in? I just had to pay to get mine resent because they weren’t downloaded and yesterday was the last day they could be downloaded.

It took almost 3 weeks to download after I sent them, but they def are overloaded with material right now so that isn’t unexpected

1 Like

Keep in mind with all the usual delays for transfer processing they are working to re-open in the fall, maybe have graduation and all the other covid related issues so everyone there is likely on overload. You will be fine as mentioned above, processing just takes awhile.

1 Like

What was the date yours were sent in?

It’s so frustrating! I sent it in on Jan 12th and they still have not received them smh.

Oh my gosh January 12th!!! I sent mine January 25th. I just resent them again because it said they have 30 days to download or the student will have to reorder so I just reordered them again.

The waiting on transcripts to post is to give you a warm up, or practice in patience for when your results (don’t) come out early-mid April
and/or you end up with an SGR, then realize you won’t likely hear until mid June or later. Now that is when the brutal waiting is really rockin’. The delays so far are nothin’ compared to what’s ahead. Wait for it.

This transcript stuff is just the “Waiting 101” intro course for transfers. Fight On and Wait On! :v:

But if you get in, it’s all worth it. Promise. :grin:

3 Likes

SGR processes automatically though correct? Because we upload them! I think waiting to hear back is the long process. I’m part of the TTP so I’m not sure how long the delays will be.

Yes, it’s the hearing if you get in or not that is delayed when you receive an SGR. A lot of people will get the SGR April, rather than the decision

But even without an SGR, it can be well after mid April for many many applicants.

So buckle up, it can be a long ride.

1 Like

They downloaded my college transcript last night and it is on the portal. I submitted it through parchment on Jan 27th.

They look at the most recent transcript sent right? I have sent my transcripts twice because the first transcript did not have the right classes.

Yes, they will review the most recent.

1 Like

I just got a email from my college saying the undergraduate admission office received my transcripts, my concern is that they got the first one and not the second. I gave the second transcript about a week ago.

On the common app for transfer if I go in to add a new experience or award, a button comes up saying “making changes? send updates to schools you have submitted.” Do you think USC will receive these updates??