2021-2022 USC Transfer

nah i’m pretty sure schools that you have already submitted won’t receive it (including usc). it’s asking you to send updates to the school.

When I got to submit application and download USC’s, the new changes appear. Are you sure they don’t receive this new version also?

hmm that’s weird because i remember reading that after i submit i can’t make any changes for the schools already submitted. except letters of recommendation i think. this is what i am aware of but u might wanna double check the info.

Just did one of those live chats on commonapp’s website. Looks like I need to personally inform the school, but they can see the updates. I guess it depends on what school but they are more likely to look at the updates if you tell them to do so. Time for an email to my AO ig

can you change the document page? Like the page where you send the classes you will be taking for spring semester?

I don’t think so, I was updating things that weren’t USc specific. I took the February ACT and joined phi theta kappa after I submitted the app so that’s all I was updating.

Does anybody have issues submitting financial aid? (For those who are submitting).
I submitted my FAFSA and CSS, but wasn’t fully processed until I talked to USC’s financial aid office two days ago (Apparently I was missing my SSN?). Now, I have to submit five documents, IRS Data Retrieval for Parent/Student, Tax Supplement for Parent/Student, and now a Family Signature Document?

Whoever has any insight and can offer clarity would be more than appreciated. I’m currently stressed out as I found this dilemma as of recent while Financial Aid is due March 2nd. Please let me know!

Yeah I had to submit the SSN document also when my financial aid documents weren’t showing up (I figured out that it was likely because my SSN wasn’t on my app (but it was)) and then a long list appeared. A lot of documents first showed up but since I am the head of my household I don’t put parental income, when I filled out one document about my own finances, all my parent documents were no longer on my list since they did not pertain to me. But if you are a dependent they do require additional information. Alot of the documents reiterate what was on FAFSA so it should be information you already have on hand.

I am glad you two said something because I had nothing on my to-do list but my CSS and FAFSA were not showing up. So, I filled out the forms anyways. I am glad we have sleuths and people to help us stay on top of it. The process this year all feels like attrition.

Just submitted my SSN form, but the deadline is so near, am I screwed? How long did it take to update?

You are fine. FA has deadlines but it processes for a long time and they often request additional information as it goes along.

That’s good to hear, thx :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is the SSN form for and where do we submit it?

I found it but I don’t know what my USC ID is

Yeah I also have the same question for that. I have already listed my SSN in the CommonApp and also just double checked and made sure it’s listed there. Do I still have to submit the SSN form?

I’m going to submit it just in case

wait i don’t see any ssn form, where is it?

Im confused, did you send the ssn form on the FAST portal. And if so did you just make a document with your ssn on it. I thought we just submitted our FAFSA and CSS profile?

and when do we send our federal tax information? Is it before the march 2 deadline or when requested. (I am referring to the document page on the FAST portal)

I just recently completed my FAFSA form and it said it will take 3 days to process. Does this mean that I met the March 2nd deadline?