2021-2022 USC Transfer

I reread this^

Wdym

Something about people getting sgrā€™s this week tells me that they may release decisions on Friday? At least thereā€™s some movement from the AOā€™s.

wassup guys so whats our prediction haha this Friday or next?

Im guessing a few will come out this friday and a whole wave next friday!!! last year a huge chunk came out on the 21-22 I believe

2 Likes

Either way we are in the home stretch!! best of luck boys!!!

3 Likes

And girls and everyone :slight_smile:

6 Likes

^^^ and everyone in between!

5 Likes

Good morning/afternoon everyone. HUMP DAY!!! See everyone is already placing their predictions out there LOLā€¦ I think the big THOR hammer is coming next week on Thursday or Friday but there might be a small wave this week on Friday. Call it the calm waves before the tsunami.

1 Like

so nothing for today??

no, I donā€™t think anything today personallyā€¦ maybe some more SGRs popping up, but no final decisions.

I am a pretty observant person and I have noticed the Academic Department Presentations on the Virtual Tours site has been updating their schedule. Originally, there were a lot of ā€œcoming soonā€ but I notice this week all except Kaufman and Price has their presentation schedule posted. Which tells me decisions may be on the horizon since many accepted students will want to take advantage of those presentations to guide them on their next chapter at USC. Again, this is just theory.

5 Likes

I am extremely nervous for friday and next week. :grimacing:

2 Likes

same!

1 Like

Last year, both my cousins got into USC as transfers. One got an SGR on SUNDAY(!!!) may 17th. I kid you not. lol and the other accepted on may 21, Thursday. so we are definitely getting closer to many decisions hehe

1 Like

Hello there CC forums! My name is Steven and Iā€™m graduating this spring from The City College of San Francisco with an associates degree in CS which I did over the span of 3 years while working full time as an electrician. I originally graduated high school in 2013 at a Christian school in Wisconsin with a 3.1 GPA, All Honors courses, and a 25 ACT Score but decided that college wasnā€™t right for me. Iā€™ve been working as an electrician and have saved up enough to attend USC as a CS major and a transfer. I already got into Berkeley EECS and SJSU for CS but USC Viterbi is my top choice. Iā€™ve completed all of the requirements for USC INCLUDING Calculus 3. I have a 4.0 GPA with a total of 25 Credits. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

@CADREAMIN Iā€™m 26 years old and Iā€™m kinda worried about attending USC. Are there people there that are my age and returning? Do I stand a chance? Thanks!

Hi @currymvp2021 I moved your posts to the transfer thread here because it is a really supportive community of transfer hopefuls.

There are students of all ages at USC, particularly with the graduate students around. I would wager to say that UCB may have more older students in undergrad programs as they are a more popular and established transfer route for many more students. But being 26 at USC would not be unusual in any regard in terms of attendance or acceptance. Ask @KendraVixLi our local spiritual leader on this thread - they will tell you nothing to worry about!

Congrats on UCB EECS - that is a huge wow and a heckuva back up plan. Does the rigorous, yet collaborative environment at Viterbi appeal to you? Or ability to change things up if you want to - change majors, add minors or another major. What stands out to you about Viterbi? We also chose CS at Viterbi over UCB EECS and it was def the right decision, but letā€™s face it, both are great programs!

Congrats on your choices and hope you get (MORE) great news soon!

2 Likes

Age isnā€™t something that is always that noticeable. I felt ancient being 22 when I started at USC as a transfer. I took an astronomy class and was shocked to find out that one of my lab partners was 28. I also had a classmate in my Spanish III class who looked just like Eden Sher, but she was actually in her mid-30s. I wouldnā€™t worry about age at all.

2 Likes

Hey, I am 35yo military retired veteran and a mother to a soon-to-be middle schooler in hopes to be accepted into the RED program at Price. Initially I was worried about being ā€œthe momā€ but after awhile I realized being older has its perks and allows you to have a different perspective that your younger classmates very much appreciatesā€¦ embrace the wisdom you have achieved. I know I do everyday. And FYI 26 is still young hunnā€¦ my fiancĆ© is not too much older than you (turning 28 this month) and he keeps my soul young lol

5 Likes