2021-2022 USC Transfer

i got accepted at another university as a spring admit and plan to use my fall gap semester to take 12 units at my local ccc to knock out some ge.

is it possible for me to apply as a sophomore transfer by submitting my ccc grades and then if they ask for sgr, i submit my other university grades?

the other university is giving me full aid also which is why i won’t be attending ccc for the spring. thanks for any help!!

Hey when i save the copy it shows all the colleges i have sent this information. Isnt that a problem or something or it doesnt matter

Or should i edit it and delete those schools

personally, I do not know the answer that question. That advice I gave was exactly the financial office told me to do to fix the issue but I also only put in for USC since my degree is only offered at USC… I am assuming they would see it regardless since it is on your profile… but you can always call.

It wouldn’t hurt to edit and delete the schools, but odds are they are fully aware that students aren’t only applying to one school. I don’t see it being detrimental to your application in any way.

Unless it’s a personal email that’s being mailed out to multiple schools, you should be fine

1 Like

Are transfer applicants allowed to submit the Common Application mid-term report? If yes, how should I submit it?

I don’t believe it’s a requirement for USC. As far as submitting them on your own accord, you’d probably have to submit it directly to the person overseeing your application.

My brother is a Highschool senior rn and just got in 10 minutes ago! Im even more nervous now HAHA. But so excited too haha

4 Likes

Who else is waiting on USC acceptance reaction videos? The wait is killing me :weary:

7 Likes

We’re alll in thisss togetherrrr

5 Likes

We still here waiting for our stress level to shoot out of our ears and probably faint before the site uploads with our decisions :sweat_smile:

1 Like

it was brutal watching such high achieving seniors get rejected (me last year haha). hoping for the best this year with ttp!

3 Likes

Good luck to you and the rest of us… USC is my only option. 35yo retired veteran with a grade school child looking to be enrolled into a degree that is only offered at USC. I don’t have the option to move soooooo talk about taking a leap of faith here… (nervous chuckle haha)

3 Likes

whatever is meant to happen will happen; step away from online forums and just kill time until u get a decision. honestly i was sucked into the 1st year forum all day today (although hearing all the conspiracy theories regarding the portal and acceptance added some spice to it all haha). hoping for the best, i’m sure the decision will be in ur favor and thank u for all that u have already done for our country!

3 Likes

I know that is the best advice… and I should just walk away… but its like a drug…lol

1 Like

@juleskim You need to make sure that if you take 12 units at a CC, that you won’t be considered a transfer student to any university that has admitted you as a freshman.
Some universities do not allow CCC credits after the HS diploma; you enter as a “freshman” at their university. The problem is that “transfers” receive limited funds. Freshman get “better” aid, so, as a transfer, that could change. You need to find out BEFORE you take those 12 units.

1 Like

I’m super curious to see asmission’s results for transfers. Without given too much away, I’ve applied as a transfer and when I tell all of you, I’m taking a leap of faith, :eyes:, I am taking a leap of faith.

I’ve worked really hard over the last few years to prove my worth to USC in a multitude of ways and I’m sure each of you have.

It’s almost our turn non-gender specific fellas :partying_face: Good luck.

2 Likes

I am so gladd its finally our turn. Now all of their focus is on transfer applications. Lets hope for the best

4 Likes

thank you so much!!

Shoot, apparently last year freshman admission was 16% and this year was 12%. You guys think Transfer acceptance rate will be significantly lower as well?