2021-2022 USC Transfer

the year before last year, freshman admission was 11% so im not sure

1 Like

Maybe. Hard to tell. However, if you accept that there are a limited number of total “slots” per class and if they over enrolled last year (two big “ifs” considering COVID), then theoretically there are less slots for rising sophomore transfers this year.

That is pure speculation on my part. Even if it were true, it’s hard to say how it would impact transfers. Does it impact TTPers and the “regular” portal of transfers equally? No clue.

1 Like

Try not to worry about projections from prior years! COVID has changed so much, you never know. Manifest your acceptance :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Everyday
 :wink:

2 Likes

Manifesting that acceptance. :heart::yellow_heart::sparkles: The wait is almost over guys!

3 Likes

technically decisions start from today correct?

technically, yes! realistically probably beginning mid-april for SGR and stuff because they are most likely still receiving all the pieces for some transfer apps!

wdym they start from today?

Here is my situation. I applied in CS to transfer in fall as a sophomore next year. I have a 3.72 right now from my first semester, but I am on track for a 4.0 this semester and could have a 3.88 composite at my four year public out of state. I wasn’t really involved in any ecs at college this semester cause I am a full time remote, but I was able to have a publication published during summer 2020 in a prestigious research journal, and I got another award in the summer. My GPA fell short of the average last year for first year admission, but this year its above average. So far in math I took calc 3 and got an A- last semester, and I am doing linear algebra this semester and I am on track to get an A. In my CS classes, I took object oriented programming last semester and got an A which mostly correlates to the 2nd course in their computer science sequence, and I am on track in my discrete math class this semester for an A+. Right now I have 32 AP credits here at my current university, but 16 of those would qualify at usc. I completed 12 units last semester, i had to drop a 3 credit gen ed because the lab times in the online environment was conflicting with my CS class on the same day and it made it hard to do both at the same time, however, I am doing 15 credits this semester and I will likely get an A and even a A+ in few of them (no gpa bonus though at my university). I was able to get dean’s list last semester to, and I will likely get it this semester. My semester ends in early may, so I can likely be able to send them my SGR even before they ask for it for it to be considered. Based on all this, what are my chances? I felt my essays were strong too. I didn’t use any recs because I didn’t really get close to any professors in the online environment

That’s true my recommender (old supervisor from the Air Force) sent my professional recommendation letter this week

personally i’m super impressed! you seem to be hitting everything that usc looks for! as far as extra curricular is concerned, don’t even worry about it; usc doesn’t expect transfers to get involved and if you have something, it will only help. basically, it shouldn’t make or break ur application, rather it is something that confirms ur interests (i.e. a comp sci major doing something comp sci related as an extra curricular, etc). As far as essays are concerned, it is relatively important, you should demonstrate interest and exactly communicate “why usc.” i think essays r generally fine as long as there aren’t any red flags or major “don’t”’s present. gpa is by far the most important and u seem to have nailed it, good luck!!

1 Like

transfer decisions start rolling from april 1 till june 1st. even later than june 1st for those who got sgr (spring grade request).

Oh really? They don’t release them all at once? Interesting

1 Like

Yeah, I made sure to spend time on that essay. I only applied here because it interested me the most, and I felt it was a great mix of academics and social life. It would be nice to start as a sophomore there. Good luck to you. Crossing my fingers

1 Like

i had a friend last year who was part of ttp, 3.78 gpa at ccc, poli sci major, and got in april 6th

Do people who get spring grade requests usually get in if they keep their grades up?

You dont necessarily need to keep them the highest but i am sure they need to see consistent effort and alignment with the rest of your application.

1 Like

When did they send spring grade requests?

they havent yet, I was just wondering!

How do we know if we get an SGR? Is it on the portal or an email?