2021-2022 USC Transfer

sometimes instead of an acceptance, your letter will say that they want a SGR.

1 Like

typically what sort of gpa do they look for. considering im at a 3.72 right now(this is what i applied with) and will likely be at 3.88 at the end of this semester (freshman second semester), would this be considered above or below average. my department gpa is a 4.00 right now and will remain that way likely at the end of this semester with my comp sci courses. math is also important and i got an A- in calc 3 and will likely get an A in lin alg

3.7 is good enough i think with courses like calc 3. Lin algebra is also very hard so according to the rigor you are fine

youā€™re right on track! they say a gpa of 3.7 or above is competitive and a 3.7 is the average gpa of admitted students. doing really good in major course, which u seem to have done, is really good too.

If I want to submit my sat score, do I need to sent an official score report now?

SATs arenā€™t required but if you are going to submit them, then, yes, I am pretty sure you need to submit the official report. :slight_smile:

Did anyone else submit standardized test scores?

I wrote mine on the common app but Iā€™m not sure if that is enough

Maybe call USC and ask. But I feel like they would want the official scores.

I sent in my official ACT scores

I initially wanted to apply to USC last year in HS and sent my SAT scores and also my Math 2 Subject Test scores. I didnā€™t end up applying during HS but when I contacted my admissions counselor, she said they should still have my score sends.

lol ur name a wolf of wall street reference?

1 Like

Yeah it is lol. Jonah Hill transcended that role. :sweat_smile:

What is a good enough SAT score to send? I am still on the fence about mine.

The middle 50% SAT composite was between 1410-1540 for last yearā€™s fall admits when the SAT was required. Maybe somewhere in this range or higher is fine. I got a 1470 and put that in my app bc it was close to the average SAT score of that range. I doubt USC would care too much about it though since they went test-optional this year.

Thanks thatā€™s reassuring, Iā€™ll just send it anyways since itā€™s in the range!

1 Like

i think sat scores are virtually insignificant for transfers because they really want to know how a student would perform in college and they already have our college transcripts. i guess itā€™s a needed measure for high schoolers as it is used as a predictor of how they would perform in college. whereas, we, already have shown what we can do in college. but a good score could only help iā€™m guessing.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been told but I decided to send it anyways just in case. Iā€™m assuming my score is pretty close to USCā€™s average so at least it wont hurt!

1 Like

Wait so if I get an SGR request could that be good and mean I could get in if my second sem grades are higher than my first semester. Cuz my first semester was a 3.82 gpa and it looks like I will end my second semester with a 3.94 or worst case scenario a 3.88

There are almost 100% chances that u will get SGR becuz u have only 1 semester under ur belt. And admission officers love an upward trend more than anything

1 Like