2021-2022 USC Transfer

No word from my counselor about my transcript :frowning:

I am TTP coming from a CCC. I have a 3.94 with 44 semester units complete. (3 spring 2020, 16 summer 2020, 19 fall 2020) I am also transferring 4 APs, so it puts me at almost 60 units with 16 units still left. I Marshall Transfer with applied calculus 2 done and both English requirements done and I also finished GEs. I still got a SGR in the portal, so it can really happen to anyone regardless of having the requirements done in the fall. When I met with counselor over summer, she basically said if I had the requirements done in the fall then I should expect a decision really early, but I guess not. I am just a bit suprised about the SGR, because I wouldā€™ve liked to have my result and been able to start finding a place to live

1 Like

are you sure your 44 semester units + your 16 units from your 4 APā€™s are all transferrable? little confused because im in a similar position (except with around 34 semester units completed) but I have not yet received a SGR

Wow really??? I am finishing the math and eng requirement right now in the spring and Iā€™m also applying for Marshall, and Iā€™m a TTP and legacy, yet I have not received a SGR. I mean I did extremely well in the fall semester, as well as in high school. But, I mean Iā€™m expecting a SGR because it seems like if you have any prerequisites in progress, theyā€™ll basically send you a SGR, but Iā€™m also surprised I havenā€™t gotten a SGR yet, although they do send SGRā€™s out the whole month of April. Although maybe coming from a top 40 4-year public university helps? Idk how the whole decision thing worksā€¦

a lot of TTP do not receive a SGR I think it really just depends no one can really predict it. If you are expecting one though they also release them on the same day they release decisions.

@CADREAMIN would you so happen to know how many students apply for sol price each year? I cannot find much info except I know itā€™s a smaller school in comparison to the other schools.

Yes, 100% sure they are all transferable as I go to a CCC, so it is very easy to look and make sure that USC takes the course through the articulation agreements. Maybe it was cause Hs Grades were not the strongest and I got a TTP moreso for being a legacy rather then having strong grades.

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming that having a SGR request appear in my portal means I got SGR. I never got a formal response from them or decision. I just checked the portal and there was a SGR request on the checklist that had not been there prior.

Thanks again for your answer. Hopefully getting something this month.

Yes. Forget where I saw that 50% from 2 y and 10% from 4 y for transfer source. It could be that students at 4 y already decided to stick with that school while you have to transfer in 2 y CC.

Yes, thatā€™s a SGR. From reading from others who also received an SGRā€¦ there was no email update/notification. They just checked the portal and notice that they are awaiting something.

Although no one has really confirmed that this is a definite SGR. It seems odd that there would be no email or update in some form. If I wasnā€™t obsessed and constantly checking my portal and CC, I would have absolutely no idea that I had a SGR.

1 Like

if i receive a spring grade request and have to wait another 3months for a decision iā€™m not going to be too happy like whatā€™s the whole wait for at this point? usc clearly favors their freshman class over transfer but thatā€™s just my current thoughts. i feel if they cared about us they would be mindful about how some of us need to make commitment decisions to other colleges before we even get a yes or no from USC.

1 Like

Decisions will typically come out in May so it wont take 3months.

hi everyone! I am a non TTP applicant, and I just called USC office of undergraduate admission to ask about the new May 31st deadline. I asked if she had a better timeline for when decisions were coming out, and she said she didnā€™t know but she said she knows that counselors are just starting to review transfer applications. Im not sure if thats helpful for anyone, but its nice to know more information!

4 Likes

Does anyone has Jennifer Cox as their counselor? Iā€™m having a hard time contacting her and was worried that might be a bad sign haha but I might be overthinking ofc.

I totally get it. What does it exactly say the portal needs? Iā€™m a non TTP so Iā€™m curious when our time comes for decisions what I should be looking forā€¦ I think clarifying this will also help future applicantsā€¦

yeah thatā€™s the typical response that the office gives to everyone and itā€™s quite quick and efficient especially when thousands of ppl r calling in to ask the same questions. reading through previous threads they have said the same throughout the years even when actual decision release date was nearing.

1 Like

thank you that makes me feel a lot better! I am still missing my college transcript, even though i sent it electronically in January which is stressful but they said theyā€™re still searching for it

1 Like

Hey guys I know Iā€™m not the only TTP waiting anxiously everyday but I think we shouldnā€™t have our hopes too high for this week because itā€™s always so unpredictable. I think the chances are better next week but good luck everyone we should stop stressing so much itā€™s not good for us LOL. (I could be completely wrong too)