2021-2022 USC Transfer

Yes - I heard back and I am external galliton

Gallatin*

oop well :frowning:

Wrong thread lol so sorry!

I just completed my application for the Topping Scholarship. Better safe then sorry. Did anyone else apply for it? or plan on applying???

1 Like

I plan on applying, but since the deadline isn’t until June 1st I figured I would just wait a few weeks to see if I hear back before filling it out.

1 Like

Same here!

2 Likes

I figure if i wait further into May, I will be overwhelmed with finals, projects for my current classes. I had a little more time now so I took the opportunity to write my essay prompts

1 Like

Btw what are the other scholarship application essays for in slideroom?

That’s smart. My finals are done on the 12th so I will have time haha

1 Like

oh yeah you will have time :slight_smile: one recommendation letter is required so I would think about who you like to be your recommender :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was going to apply for it, but I saw it is only worth a max of $5,500 per year according to this: https://provost.sma.usc.edu/prog/norman_topping_freshman_application/, so I don’t think I will. $5,500 is not enough for my financial situation… BTW, I found out the move is a lot sooner than I thought it would be, late May. Rip me lol

I’m applying for it. Hopefully I get accepted into USC first lol I already have my letter of recommendation secured

Hopefully, the last wave will be around 20-21 May… I know thats late for alot of us but at least its not 31 May… and hopefully its a definite answer and not an SGR so we do not have to wait longer.

1 Like

I believe the average is around $5500. The highest reward a Norman Topping applicant can receive is $10,000

Also, tails I think its a supplement to your financial aid package. I will verify for sure but I think you should still apply… it wouldnt hurt

to those already admitted, anyone got in for human bio?

“The undergraduate award is a maximum of $5,500 per academic year. The maximum graduate award is $10,000 per academic year.”

The $10,000 is the max for graduate students, the $5,500 is the max for undergraduate students.

ahh my mistake. My sydlexia got the best of me

Hey guys, there is a chance my A- might fall to a B+ so do you think that might hurt my chances of getting into USC? Because that course is Business Management and it is not a pre-req for USC and btw all my other courses are all A’s. So my business course is at an A- right now, which would make me end with a 3.94 gpa. However, if it were to fall to a B+, then I would have a 3.86. So what do you guys think do you think it could hurt my chances of admission if that were to only be my only B+? Please let me know, thanks I am just very nervous…