2026 BFA Prescreen Results

Quite a good point and important for parents to realize the full total cost of attending. Not complaining here at all but D attends Molloy / Cap21 and lives in the city. The cost of housing (non university based), food and transportation is more than the cost of her tuition and program fees after her scholarship gets applied. Without the scholarship, it would be ridiculous. Oddly enough S attended a school in Winston Salem (Wake Forest) and his annual housing / food cost was never more than 15k per yr. That doesn’t even get D a tiny apartment shared with two other girls in NYC. Then add the food and it’s more like 25k per yr easy. We’re not talking about big eaters either. Add another couple of thousand for subway and railroad and it gets up there.

2 Likes

I’ve found this podcast by Tim Evanicki to be hugely informative. He’s a college audition coach who has interviewed the department heads from over 30 MT programs and asks just those questions. All of his podcasts are recent interviews as well – within the last calendar year. I highly recommend this to any parent who wants to learn more about any MT program. Very helpful – it even introduced us to a few schools that we knew nothing about:

5 Likes

Browsing…as we’ve BTDT :slight_smile: This post is TRUTH!! Went through last year with my kids, and several local, extremely talented friends- all very different. The passes, no passes, offers, rejections, seemed to have no rhyme or reason. They all landed in great programs. Will also say, sometimes it takes that first semester to settle in. Obviously, things still are not “normal” in our world. High hopes of getting there soon!! Hang in there y’all!!

2 Likes

Congratulations! Great news!

Congratulations! Great to hear good news.

So far ive got

prescreen pass:
Molloy

prescreen Waitlist:
BoCo

Prescreen rejection:
Indiana
Ithaca
WCU
Millikin

Waiting on:
Elon
Hartt
Royal conservatoire of Scotland
Michigan
Otterbein

No prescreen at
Baldwin Wallace (results coming today??)
UW- Stevens Point

3 Likes

RE: Poor Food! I’ve been hearing this from A TON of colleges. I think it has some to do with the supply chain issues, b/c many parents are reporting a real downward trend from last year.

Hoping the next few weeks brings good news to all!

1 Like

I certainly hope so, the kids have been miserable this year, and I am really trying to stay out of it!

1 Like

This is great. Thank you!

There is also the MTCA podcast

I believe the results for BW come out tomorrow (12/8)

Yes, Tuesday 12/7 is when acceptances are supposed to be communicated for both BW and Emerson, with possible telephone calls from program directors coming as early as this evening. It sucks because you have to tell the kids to expect the rejection but that little bit of hope in the back of your mind just won’t go away. So much stress.

2 Likes

Just a warning, Emerson was a little bit of chaos last year. They delayed the performing arts notifications and my S didnt even get an email, the portal just randomly updated. It was exciting to get an early yes but just be aware!

1 Like

Crossing fingers for everyone waiting on Emerson and BW! Good luck to everyone! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Same! We didn’t apply to either but good luck to all of you who did! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@broadwaylovingdad Are these acceptances fro those who auditioned this fall? Just curious. We have a Baldwin Wallace audition February 5th. Do they make decisions after each audition?

Yep, this is the early wave of acceptances for those that auditioned before a certain date. Plenty of opportunities left for those yet to be seen (or even apply).

3 Likes

My D just got a callback from UNC Greensboro! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yay! Congrats!

1 Like

@MidTNMTMom Thank you! :slight_smile: