2026 BFA Prescreen Results

Waiting.

2 Likes

I wonder if results are coming in order of submission or if it is random…

1 Like

the more i think i know the less i know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My daughter scheduled auditions with Montclair and Webster via their online forms. Do the schools confirm the appointment with some sort of return email?

1 Like

@cacollegemom22

Webster sent my D a confirmation email. She scheduled it over the phone in Oct.

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten prescreen results from Alabama? Nothing over here

My S applied to Montclair for acting on 10/29 and received a confirmation email for the audition on campus the same day -with info about parking and the day’s schedule (automatic form). No communication since.

A question for the group: does anyone have a sense which BFA acting programs have less general education requirements? My son is pretty single minded and would rather avoid many outside requirements like foreign language and math core classes. His list as of now:

Passes: Elon, Syracuse, Penn State, Fordham, Pace
Rejected prescreen:Ithaca
Accepted to program: Emerson (yay!)
No prescreening auditions: NYU, Juilliard, Rutgers, UConn, (Muhlenberg)
Waiting on prescreens: BU, purchase, UMich
Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Did he apply to uncsa, the general ed requirements are shockingly little!

Actually he applied yesterday! Hope it’s not too late.

3 Likes

It is AMAZING! Please feel free to PM me about any of this, most of the people on this page are MT and my son applied to many of the same programs as yours. Happy to answer questions.

Thank you so much! I will. First have to figure out how to do that haha

1 Like

Some schools attending Unifieds are requiring a dance video be uploaded with choreography that is sent to the student. I guess that gives them a little more idea of the students talents. I certainly think a school that takes more time with the students gets a better idea of who fits. I loved Indiana’s process for this reason.

My D is a BFA acting sophomore at Syracuse. The only gen ed she was required to take were two writing classes that all freshman at CUSE take. Feel free to private message me with any questions.

1 Like

Thank you!

is there anyone who applied to pace two weeks ago from today (dec 3) who’s still waiting for prescreen results? they said you’d get a response in two weeks, and i’m starting to get anxious about it haha.

sent mine in 11/30, got a no yesterday 12/16,

Continuing the discussion from 2026 BFA Prescreen Results:

Good morning!

I wanted to share something I found super helpful last year. This is the time of year when you and your kiddos are going to start hearing about all their classmates getting early or rolling decisioon offers and settling on a school. They will start wearing sweatshirts to sochool.
This can be really touogh on our kids. The MT process requires way more preparation, so our kids started thinking about it sooner, and for MOST of them, they will be the last among their peer group to know and commit. I know some kids here have already committed but it is a relatively tiny number compared to most of our kids, who will still be in this process until early spring.
So just normalize and name that this is hard, and its okay. It’s normal and part of the process MT kids go through, and YES it’s hard. So if part of them is happy for their friends and part is resentful that they know already and didn’t have to go through all of this that’s okay and normall too!
Okay I hope someone finds this helpful. Speech over!!

11 Likes

@maya_doherty

We heard pretty quickly. Applied 10/28. Heard back 11/1.

ahh i’m sorry :frowning:

*:frowning: it autocorrected to the emoji whoops