2400 SAT Score

<p>For a black applicant (international or national, doesn't matter), does a 2400 SAT combined with a 3.5+ GPA and solid application pretty much put you in at every school?</p>

<p>Who knows? It gives you very good chances at a lot of schools lol.
There’s no real way to answer this question…</p>

<p>How much higher than 3.5? Unless you attend one of the most competitive private schools in the country, 3.5 unweighted (or even something a little bit higher) is significantly below average for top schools and would render that applicant’s being a likely admit at top schools highly implausible, let alone his or her being a certain admit. And if that applicant is international and comes from a well-represented country, he or she would have very little chance at top schools because race is not considered in the same way for international applicants.</p>

<p>let’s say like a 3.7 GPA with Full IB at a highly competitive school.</p>

<p>Idk how well represented Canada is.</p>

<p>^ lol OHHHH so in other words, should YOU study and try to get a 2400 so you would be ‘in at every school’. lol NO! Taking the SAT’s multiple times to get that elusive 2400 is NOT a good idea, and may make you look neurotic to college adcoms imo. </p>

<p>And despite what you may believe, URM internationals are treated a bit differently. How much of a difference is up for debate. Black internationals are not underrepresented. At all. Preference is given to actual African-Americans. </p>

<p>you’ll do fine lol chill</p>

<p>No, I don’t think it would. No one is guaranteed into any school no matter how great the applicant. But if you had scored a 2400 (or anything close) I would say you would have a good chance at some top tier colleges (except Ivies). But you’re a black International so competition would be tough anyways. Unfortunately, A 2400 will not make up for a 3.5-3.7 GPA (in regards to top schools) if you’re a black international. An african american may be a different case though.</p>

<p>Your skin color does not give you a guaranteed admission at any school.</p>

<p>At Duke the SAT is valued over your GPA.</p>

<p>^How do you know that?</p>

<p>Look at the school profile on the collegeboard website. Click on admissions.</p>

<p>The SAT is listed under Very Important, while Academic GPA and Class Rank are only under Considered.</p>

<p>^Thank you. It’s also listed on [Duke’s</a> common data set](<a href=“http://ir.provost.duke.edu/facts/cds/CDS%202009-10.pdf]Duke’s”>http://ir.provost.duke.edu/facts/cds/CDS%202009-10.pdf) on page 7.</p>

<p>I think people exaggerate how many 2400 scorers get declined from top schools tbh. No school could make their entire freshman class from 2400s. Why? Because there were only 382 2400 scorers, and not all of them will apply to the same schools.</p>

<p>I think as long as the rest of your application is good, you’re a lock with a 2400. I’d like to see some CCers with 2400s from past years to confirm that though.</p>

<p>I don’t think there is anything magical to an admissions officer about a 2400 versus say, a 2380 or 2350…I think at above 2300, it’s obvious that you could probably score perfectly, if you really wanted to study and retake. It also depends on your definition of a ‘good’ application which varies greatly.</p>

<p>nope, not good enough.</p>

<p>

Yeah, but those are only the people who scored a 2400 in one sitting, in one year. With score choice, that number is probably a bit higher. That said, you do make a valid point.</p>

<p>

Nobody’s a lock for top schools (HYPMS) - even with a 2400. However, a 2400 does increase one’s chances</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Well, it is a single graduating class, but they could have scored it during any year of school.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Perhaps slightly higher, but certainly not too much higher (~30% would be my speculation). Most people who are very near 2400 (i.e., close enough to make a superscored 2400 realistic) don’t retake.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>CC 2400ers have done quite well in the past.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Indeed.</p>

<p>^I edited my post, but I don’t think we’re in disagreement.</p>

<p>Looks like the only way to become a lock for HYPS is to cure cancer… I’ll get right on it :P</p>