60 Minutes special on college football featuring Saban tonight

<p>Large-scale football programs have become critical tools in a race to raise revenues, bolster images and ultimately, win championships that will attract more students and better players to universities. Armen Keteyian looks at the University of Michigan Wolverines and the Alabama Crimson Tide in the report. Is Alabama coach Nick Saban worth $5 million a year? “Probably not,” Saban says, laughing. “But I think the other side of that is you almost have to look at what return has there been on that investment.”</p>

<p>Can’t wait to see it. Of course I’m going to focus on the process of preparing to see it and then maintaining concentration and discipline within my watching assignment throughout the broadcast, after which I will allow myself 24 hours to enjoy it before boarding a flight for the Iron Bowl, during which I’ll forego sleep and break down film of the game, er show, on my tablet. :)</p>

<p>Wow! Malanai…didn’t know you’d be in Ttown for Iron Bowl. Roll Tide</p>

<p>Yeah, and to think that a week ago I was despairing about what an anticlimactic game it was going to be. Now the atmosphere in Bryant-Denny is going to be ELECTRIC! I’m sure there’s a 'Bama fan out there who’s prepared to name his next son Stanford Baylor. :)</p>

<p>Lol, Roll Tide for the Iron Bowl!</p>

<p>Malanai, wow, in T-town for the Iron Bowl, I’m impressed. BTW, there is a Men’s Bball game on friday if you are interested, PM me for tix; my son’s first Iron Bowl as a freshman and he’s staying in T-town, I now get his commitment…ROLL TIDE</p>

<p>Missed the show. What did they say about Bama?
Roll Tide Malanai have a great weekend!</p>

<p>It was more a segment on how college football is becoming a huge business. Talked about why lesser teams play the bigger, stronger teams. Saban interview was just a few minutes.
I think you can watch it here </p>

<p>[Has</a> college football become a campus commodity? - 60 Minutes - CBS News](<a href=“http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50135410n]Has”>http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50135410n)</p>