Happy Birthday Coach Saban

<p>Today is Coach Saban’s birthday… he is 61 years young!! However, he might be getting his present a little late (Saturday night???).
In case some of don’t know he LOVES Little Debbies. They are a staple on the Alabama airplane that flies the team to their games. I am good friends with one of the flight attendants. She said once when they ran out she had to have her daughter do a Publix run to pick up some.<br>
Here’s a cute clip…coffee and Little Debbies…breakfast of champions :
Video: Nick Saban ride-along

Samantha Steele rides into work with Alabama coach and birthday boy Nick Saban as he prepares for this week’s game against LSU
<a href="SEC Blog- ESPN/id/54445/video-nick-saban-ride-along%5B/url%5D">SEC Blog- ESPN/id/54445/video-nick-saban-ride-along</a></p>

<p>It’s specifically the oatmeal creme cakes that he loves. But I can tell you from experience that they weren’t enough to keep him from leaving LSU for the Dolphins. When he was interviewing for that job, LSU fans threw literally thousands of Little Debbies over his fence into his front yard. They didn’t help. The man has no soul. </p>

<p>LSU 24, Alabama 20.</p>

<p>Slippy…thanks for the “specifics”…but I think you must be dyslexic…the score is Alabama 24, LSU 20 :slight_smile: Roll Tide :).</p>

<p>The other day one of the papers down here had a quote from some person on the street. She said she did not celebrate Halloween because it is “Satan’s birthday.”</p>

<p>I of course commented, “Ma’am, you don’t know how right you are.”</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>What’s that, slippy? The ratio of your felons to our All-Americans? ;)</p>

<p>ROTF!!</p>

<p>BTW…how will LSU put ANY points on the board unless they have a FG kicker who can kick 60+ yards??</p>

<p>I don’t want to be a party pooper, and I assure you that I like college football as well as the next guy, but don’t you think you Alabama fans are getting a bit carried away. You are supposed to be a university, not an NFL team.</p>

<p>I don’t see the point of college football, if the kids on the team are basically hired guns, who have little interest in actually attending college, and who could not gain admittance under the normal entry requirements.</p>

<p>I for one discouraged my son from attending University of Florida, because of its over-emphasis on football.</p>

<p>Kids get into college at the top football colleges who can barely read.</p>

<p>Perhaps this will enlighten you.</p>

<p>[Alabama</a> Athletics Enjoys Record Breaking Academic Success in 2011-12 - ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site](<a href=“http://www.rolltide.com/genrel/081912aaa.html]Alabama”>Alabama Athletics Enjoys Record Breaking Academic Success in 2011-12 - University of Alabama Athletics)</p>

<p>And we had the pleasure of meeting this young man.</p>

<p>[Peek</a>, Jones Named Academic All-American - ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site](<a href=“http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112409aaa.html]Peek”>http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112409aaa.html)</p>

<p>You see, we can actually win at many sports AND academics. Nick Saban is a great coach and a tremendous leader. I am thankful the leadership and discipline he instills in his players.</p>

<p>Roll Tide! :)</p>

<p>SO PROUD of our guy and girl athletes at UA!! I work, daily, with young elite level athletes who work through blood, sweat, and (lots) tears to make their dreams come true. I have two who recently verbally committed to UA and I couldn’t be prouder of the university that they chose, I know the Crimson tide will fulfill all of their dreams, athletically and academically.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>I bet floridadad is lots of fun at parties.</p>

<p>KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE WHEEL COACH!!!<br>
LOL</p>

<p>Sent from my DROID RAZR using CC</p>

<p>Hey, Coach Saban and I are both Halloween babies! Another sign (as if we needed one) that our daughter has chosen the right school! ;-)</p>

<p>

</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Lighten up, please. We’re just having fun here. Well, maybe not slippy, cuz his boys are going down. :)</p></li>
<li><p>Not only are we supposed to be a university, we actually are one. You can look it up. Most of the folks you see reveling in the ‘Bama football experience here are honors students or the parents of honors students.</p></li>
<li><p>The Alabama football program nets over $30 million annually. The program makes a seven figure contribution to UA’s astounding academic scholarship program, thereby helping the university attract top scholars. Football makes all of UA’s intercollegiate sports, including all women’s sports, financially solvent and possible. </p></li>
<li><p>Have you done your research on the programs Nick Saban has installed to promote academic success for his players, as well as success in life beyond football? Have you read Barrett Jones’ remarks about how the values he’s being taught by Saban will make him a better professional outside of football? (BTW, Jones has a 4.0 GPA.)</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Yeah, Alabama football is a real detriment to the university.</p>

<p>Hey, floridadad: some understand from where you come! Have been there!</p>

<p>But I have learned to LOVE (as in , don’t call, don’t invite me anywhere, don’t interrupt me) when BAMA is playing, football. Not perfect, our guys are being taught consistency, hard work, and manners. And, surprise: you CAN go to BAMA and not be a football fan. Probably could do the same at Florida!</p>

<p>Some years back I tutored a football team (yes, the college(to be un-named on this forum, not UA) hired tutors to help their players achieve academic success. Some of the boys I worked with knew this was their chance. Not all made it academically, but it was one more avenue for success, if they did the work and cut the mustard. For non-players, the team united many students at the school and helped them feel a part of the bigger institution.</p>

<p>The Gators are doing okay this year (she said grudgingly.) Sorry your son can’t enjoy that success, if he wanted to do so. Many of us enjoy other cultural activities, but for me, not when the tide is rolling! And I NEVER watched football until I started to watch it while my son was at the BAMA games (Started when I hoped to see him with his “HI MOM” sign…not!</p>

<p>One of the advantages to education is to experience a breadth of exposure to different ideas, activities, and cultures. Open up and embrace :wink: Everyone here is posting with affection and respect for our coach, his standards, and our team, while maintaining a sense of humor and perspective. And, being a UNIVERSITY, lots of other choices are there:) </p>

<p>Join us and roll time!</p>