A lurker wishes to express his appreciation

<p>ThorEric: We are on the 8:30 tour but maybe we’ll cross paths! I’ll be carrying a multicolored cloth shoulder bag. We have lunch and a dorm tour at 11:30. Have a safe trip!</p>

<p>To bamagirls - got your PM, thanks!</p>

<p>To: STEMFamily - noted and thanks!</p>

<p>Wholeheartedly agree with this post!! Thanks to M2K and many others, Bama would not be on our radar! DD is still deciding what to do . . . but hopefully she will be a Freshman next Fall at Bama!! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Thor – we are also a family from North Fulton County and my daughter received a NMF package to attend Bama. She did get accepted to Tech but flatly refused to apply to Georgia because she thought it would be a continuation of high school. She has thrived at Alabama and grown in ways that wouldn’t have been possible if she’d stayed closer to home. It has been the perfect choice for her both academically and socially.</p>

<p>Back to band, I am pretty sure there are some ensembles/jazz bands etc… that you can join without being a music major and they take up a lot less time than MDB. Your S may want to check that out. It may fit better into his schedule and give him more control, yet allow him to play for fun. Just a thought!</p>

<p>ThorEric: It was very nice meeting you too. </p>

<p>Our D also had a great visit. She thought the band directors were great and both the computer science professor and the Dean of Engineering were incredibly supportive of kids participating in activities outside of engineering. So I think she would definitely do band if she goes to UA. Overall she really liked the school but she isn’t ready to make a decision. We have now visited all four schools on her final list and her rankings change frequently. This could come down to the wire… I guess the good thing is she likes all of them enough (and has been accepted to 3) that she could be very successful at any one of them.</p>