A&M Statement of Purpose essay help?

<p>The statement of purpose will provide an opportunity to explain any extenuating circumstances that you feel could add value to your application. You may also want to explain unique aspects of your academic background or valued experiences you may have had that relate to your academic discipline. The statement of purpose is not meant to be a listing of accomplishments in high school or a record of your participation in school-related activities. Rather, this is your opportunity to address the admissions committee directly and to let us know more about you as an individual, in a manner that your transcripts and other application information cannot convey.</p>

<p>thats the topic for transfering. i was wondering what you guys think i should talk about within my essay? should i stick to the normal 5 paragraph format?</p>

<p>thanks advance!</p>

<p>You should probably talk about your major and why you chose it. At least, that’s what I did for my statement of purpose for UT. You can write as many paragraphs as you want but I would stick to just writing a full page, single spaced, which is approx. 500 words…</p>

<p>Should the Statement of Purpose essay include the major? (Petroleum engineering) I don’t know much about the field. </p>

<p>The way i portrayed the “extenuating circumstances” is what factor outside of school or in life that make my grades somewhat excusable. My gpa is 3.44 with a 32-35 hrs/week job. Also, being only 25 years old, I’m a father to 3 children who are 7, 5, and 4 years old.</p>

<p>I looked at some samples SOP … and most explain why they want to major in ______ – type of paper. How should this essay be for those who’ve done it before.</p>