A quick brag on my freshman at York College ....

@Momof3kidz Can you share some info on the nursing program at Catholic University? Do you know how many they take into the nursing exploratory program and how many spots they have in the upper division? We are going to visit in the next couple of months. My older son graduated from there, but not in the nursing program. Loved the school and the location.

@toomanyteens Good to hear the positive reviews on York. It is on my daughter’s list. I’m seeing on their website that it is a “residential” college and implies that you have to live on campus all four years? I see that there are some apartment and house options for upperclassmen, but this still may be a deal breaker for D21 as she sees Big Sister living off campus is a cool new apartment at her university and of course wants the same. It’s only a 2-hour drive for us in Northern Va so the location is great. Did your D consider Marymount (Arlington VA) at all?

Closer to California and with a big airport nearby is Regis University in Denver. I know several nursing majors who liked it and have very good jobs coming out of school.

Well I may be a tough love parent but I would be having a talk about what is really important to assess in a college and why we are actually there – my daughter lives on campus in an apartment with several friends a couple who are boys even so don’t let her make such a silly decision!

I am reaching out to you in December 2020. York right now is number one on my daughters list for Nursing. You mentioned your daughter was having a hard time maybe in the beginning.

I just wanted to follow up and find out if things have gotten better for your daughter since your post in Sept. 2019?

Yes a little. She has different roommates which makes it a little better. Still not the best choice for her.
She is excelling in the nursing program but the social aspect of this college isn’t what she was looking for. Non existent