ABSN or BSN...

Hi, I am trying to decide what 2 programs to apply to. At the end of the Fall, depending on grades, can apply to 2 BSN programs. I could apply to an ABSN program, but that would mean I have to take Stats over the winter. For now it’s really 2 BSN programs and 2 Community College programs looking to apply to end of this Fall.

The question is there’s a really good ABSN program right down the road from me. To apply I have to retake AP1 and 2. Have to take Stats, Genetics, and a online research class. I could do AP2 this year with Stats and possibly Genetics online. Then next Spring I could do AP2 and a Online Research class. Then in the winter Lifespan and summer Spanish 1/2. I apply for the program for 2019. I start in September of 2019 and would be done in December of 2020. I knew a friend who went through the program and highly recommended it. It is one of the only ABSN programs in the State where they encourage people who want to work during the program. It’s intense, but doable. I drop down to 24 from 32, but be done in 12 month’s. The program cost about $36,000.

The BSN program one has 4 semesters of nursing school and the other has 6, probably squeeze that into 4 semesters. If accepted I start in 2018 be done by 2020 Spring. The program cost about $25,000 to $30,000.

The Community College cost about $10,000 overall.

I receive $3,000 in tuition reimbursement from work if I stay at 24 or more hour’s.

I could do a few things…
I can focus on the BSN, 1 ABSN program, and 2 CC programs. Other opition is 2 BSN programs and 2 CC programs. The other option is 1 ABSN program, 1 BSN Program, and 2 CC programs.

Looking for some feedback & appreciate the feedback.