Academic Merit Scholarship Deadline at University of Kentucky?

My son thought he wanted to go to school out west and was accepted (and received financial awards) from ASU and Univ of Arizona. He’s now hesitant to go so far away (we’re in Georgia) and has expressed some interest in Kentucky. If he had applied by Dec. 1, he would have received the $10,000 automatic merit award - Bluegrass Spirit. The wording on their website is unclear as to if he could still receive that if he applies by the regular decision deadline of Feb 15. It says “This is our Regular Decision Track, which allows you to be considered for admission to UK but you may not be considered for Lewis Honors College or Competitive and Academic Scholarships if applying after December 1.” It says MAY not, but not CAN not or WILL not. Any thoughts? I sent a message to the school, but since it’s Friday evening I know I won’t hear back for a while.

I would take the word May as - we are not guaranteeing. But hearing from them with the answer would be best.

I assume he applied to other auto merit schools close by ? Good luck to him.

Interesting to me KY is no closer than AZ. By miles but it’s still a flight. Or long drive. In reality not much different.

It’s only 5 1/2 hours. Not bad at all. Flights to AZ are currently around $700! He has other schools, and was deferred from a couple as well. Just ready for him to be able to make a decision.

Are you in Atlanta ? Flights to Phoenix won’t be $700. But you have good tuition. UK is fine. Good luck.