Acceptance Thread for Undergrad Class of ‘25 & Grad Class of '23

Well said. We’ve learned there’s no real rhyme and reason to acceptances vs rejections at a certain point. My daughter got in to BU but not Juilliard, not even past pre-screen. Her friend got rejected from BU last year and accepted to Juilliard. There’s so many cases of this type of thing. Rejections don’t necessarily mean you aren’t good enough…but maybe you aren’t a good fit for what we need at this time.

7 Likes

You are right. Someone in another forum shared this article and I saved it to share with my D. It was refreshing to read how some people’s rejections from their dream schools led them to great paths.

5 Likes

Yes! Rejections aren’t necessarily due to ability but there are many other factors like connections and fit or just space.

5 Likes

Right!! I mean Michael Jordan got cut from the Varsity team and moved to JV so he could develop more…we all know how that story ended! All these kids should be proud and hold their heads up high!

4 Likes

Yes got letters from Juilliard and Peabody just today.

6 Likes

D accepted to Juilliard! We are so beyond thrilled!!

16 Likes

Great! Congrats. What is her major? S is accepted for composition
. Have to see what he decides between conservatories vs big schools.

5 Likes

D accepted to Juilliard as well. I’m speechless!!

12 Likes

Accepted into Peabody and Juilliard!

11 Likes

Congrats as well! Vocal Performance (mezzo-soprano)

3 Likes

Congrats!!

2 Likes

Congrats! What an accomplishment!

2 Likes

Wow! Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

I had heard Manhattan was April 1st. Did you hear differently? Would be great if they came out today!!!

1 Like

Very impressive!

It’s been a busy week here

Mcgill
Frost
Peabody
Boston Conservatory

1 Like

Thursday is April 1st! at least in nyc time

1 Like

Son (trumpet)
Eastman (3/15)