Acceptances

<p>Another Friday, another day without a decision. The definition of insanity is…</p>

<p>Got accepted! I’m from the Chicago suburbs. What’s interesting is that I got into Wisconsin but I got deferred from U of I today, while the Wisconsin acceptance rate is 50.5% and the U of I acceptance rate is 67.7%</p>

<p>I guess having my Dad be a Wisconsin alum helped after all…</p>

<p>Yeah…it’s odd.
a boy in my school talked to an admissions counselor who said everyone at my school would find out today if they applied before November. I’ve been texting friends–they haven’t.
Any chance this late?</p>

<p>I’m kinda surprised I got postponed.</p>

<p>Yeah. ^
What has been going on today. A lot of great students postponed.</p>

<p>Postponed as well.</p>

<p>Chicago Suburbs, one of the best public high schools in the state
31 ACT 4.84/5.0, mostly honors and AP courses
NHS,cross country, track, soccer, snowboard instructor, newspaper editor, catholic youth group, foreign exchange program, latin club, and a few others.</p>

<p>Anyone know when you find out the final decision?</p>

<p>So if we don’t hear today… Are we pretty much going to be either denied or postponed based on past years? It’s been over 2 months. Feeling nervous here… OOS Indiana</p>

<p>Accepted from Cleveland, OH! I found out at about 8pm tonight, but I didn’t get the email until like 9:30. Also, I got the scholarship email today at like 3pm.</p>

<p>UW GPA: 3.74
ACT: 31
All Honors and AP classes
Tons of extracurriculars
Tons of leadership</p>

<p>Accepted tonight from Texas!!!
To all those postponed tonight, I wish you the best of luck!</p>

<p>Accepted to UW Madison from India.
Was rejected from Amherst early in the day today and was really dejected. Great timing from UW Madison.
SAT-2180
ACT-32
Lots of ECs and great recommendations.
Was an international hockey player for India.
Economics major!!
Best of luck everbody!!</p>

<p>@SaraCo no one from my school has heard either. I’m in state. I’m thinking it will be january</p>

<p>post poned from chicago… does anyone know if this means we for sure wont know til end of march??</p>

<p>ACCEPTED from the Chicago suburbs!
I was afraid I wouldn’t get in due to lack of ECs but I am relieved now
ACT-32
7 AP courses
I plan to major in Linguistics!</p>

<p>for those who got postponed-were you notified? My student center still says that my application is being reviewed.</p>

<p>If your student center still says that your application is under review, then you have not been given a decision yet. No matter what the decision is, they will update it in the student center and send you an email about it when it’s done. </p>

<p>It seems like this was a rough week for decisions, best of luck for those who were postponed! Just hang in there!</p>

<p>I got ACCEPTED! So happy, act score of 27, 3.75 unweighted GPA. Going into chemical engineering! Also from Chicago suburbs!</p>

<p>Really excited and shocked… 29 ACT 3.3 unweighted GPA (3.6 weighted) and I got accepted… No legacy, decent Ec’s, business major, my essays were pretty powerful if you ask me… My dad died freshmen year and I used that to explain my low GPA fresh/ soph year… Go badgers!!! And I also got deferred from illinois so that was somewhat confusing considering both parents went there. Good luck everyone</p>

<p>Accepted engineering. From OH. gpa 3.65 act 32. Plenty of honors courses.</p>

<p>My son from OH accepted into engg. gpa 3.69 act 32. Like IllinoisWisco my S was deferred at UiUC. IllinoisWisco, what state are you from?</p>

<p>Hey there!If you don’t mind me asking, what schools from the Chicago suburbs have heard: Deerfield,Stevenson,gbn,gbs,BG ect. I’m also from the suburbs and am waiting to hear</p>