acceptances?

@zestycucumber Congrats!

I’m wondering if the 2nd deadline applicants are getting in now and postponed next week.

got rejected…postponed applicant

@acceeptmee23‌ I’m sorry :frowning: what were your stats?

@HopefulBadgerPlz‌ 3.7 UW 27 ACT 4 APS, all honors for all four years, third generation badger, A LOT of ec’s including building schools in Nicaragua, and helping special needs children. Also got amazing recs and my dad is on the board of alumni…still kind of shocked.

@acceeptmee23‌ wow that’s actually surprising. Got me worried now for my chances. are you in state?

Did you guys get your acceptances by email, or by the UW portal?

For those who were accepted yesterday/today, is your ‘SOAR Registration’ still unavailable?

Accepted
OOS
Postponed in December
3.78 UW GPA
Highest Single SAT: 1970 (600 Reading, 640 Math, 730 Writing)
Superscore SAT: 2040 (640 Reading, 670 Math, 730 Writing)
Lots of extracurricular and community service
Three recs and well thought out essays
Showed lots of interest by emailing my admissions representative repeatedly

@ndrw24‌ how do you know if you’re admitted? What link pops up and where?

@Kai407‌ my SOAR still says error

I applied 12/02. In state, 29 act, 3.86 UW gpa, AP classes, varsity sports, good recs, essays, etc.
NO RESPONSE AT ALL. Not postponed even; nothing. Is this normal? I’m gonna soil my pants

@Digitallyshrewd‌ Well from what I saw from last year’s thread, you receive an email informing you that your MyUW Portal has been updated (that’s all). You then have to take the next step by logging into MyUW and visiting the Student Center where your decision will be posted. The status change in your Student Center portal runs simultaneously with the email UW sends you. So the instant the status in MyUW changes, you receive an email.

For those that are constantly checking this post and forum like I was:

Accepted after being postponed!
Got my decision yesterday at 8:30

@Kai407 As someone who was postponed in January, that is correct. The e-mail was sent out as soon as the status was changed. Then, in the Student Center, your status changes.

Does anyone know if International students have a higher chance of admission than OOS students? I read somewhere that UW was trying to raise its diversity recently. Not to mention the money international students bring in. I’ve also realized, and i’m sure all of you have as well, that this year’s class of applicants haven’t really hit the forums as much as last year’s class of applicants did. We’re approaching the end of March and only 12 pages? Is this a good sign indicating that there are fewer applicants this year? Or perhaps the academic caliber of applicants has fallen because CC posters are usually high achievers. :stuck_out_tongue:

@imstillagorilla‌ second notification applicants cannot be postponed. That only comes with applying to within first round. There are only ten days left in the month. Patience is a virtue, my friend.

@BaseballBucky‌ Where did you find out that second applicants cannot be postponed? So does that mean we can only be either accepted or denied?

Also, this wait is killing me!!

@rrrluo‌ I’m not sure where I initially saw it, but it’s just fact. Most other universities refer to it as being “deferred” from ED to RD. Seeing as how there aren’t any decision periods remaining after this one, which finishes in ten days, there’s no where for the hypothetical second-round-postponed kids to go. If that makes sense…
I believe it’s a decision between accept, reject, or waitlist for second round applicants.

Accepted, originally postponed in December
OOS
3.38 GPA UW, 4.00 W
28 ACT
Really good internship, essays, and letters of rec