Accepted into CALS

I was just accepted into the CALS program at UW-Madison. I am ecstatic as it is my top school and I have waited a long time for the decision. On my application I noted that I wanted to study engineering and obviously I was not directly admitted into this program. I understand that only around 10% of students are directly accepted into their intended program for the limited majors so I guess this is not a major issue for me? I was hoping anyone had more knowledge and experience with this decision and could please explain it more to me. Thank you for the help!

Just in addition to my note above, I noted civil engineering on the application

Strange

All students are admitted to the university as a whole. There are very few also directly admitted to Business and now Engineering. The purpose of listing a major is to assign the most appropriate SOAR advisor. Most engineering majors will get advising for that even though they will take mainly L&S classes their first year and apply to Engineering based on the UW record. A bit surprised with the College of Ag and Life Sciences designation. Do NOT worry. btw- you can amend your major any time to get SOAR advising with advising for your chosen field.

You got in! You will learn a lot about how things work in SOAR and once you start your first semester. Finish your senior year strong and enjoy your last months as a HS student. Do study course and schedule possibilities before SOAR. Once you get the hang of it it is very logical. And- those start times will get embedded in your brain forever (decades later…).