ACT Super Score

We are being told by a counselor that ACT does not report super scores and that the only way to submit scores and have them super scored is by submitting all ACT scores. That did not sound right to me from the implications of numerous threads in CC, and the express distinction that some schools require reporting of all scores vs super score. Is that in fact how ACT super scores would need to be done (ie manually by the school with all scores at hand)?

Incorrect if my memory is correct. Let me check with D22.

1 Like

deleted - more current info has been posted.

Please elaborate as this seems contradict other responses.

My D22’s student score report from ACT was superscored. She self-reported to most colleges. I believe for those that required official scores she was able to send a superscore but I should probably confirm with her

deleted - better info has been posted.

Most schools will allow you to self-report, so report the sections of the test that make up your superscore. When you enroll, you just send your ACT test report, which I think includes everything?

2 Likes

ACT offered the option to send a superscore or individual test date scores to S23. He sent the superscore to the schools that allowed it and a single individual score the schools that didn’t allow it.

From their FAQs

Can I send scores from two or more dates as one score report (superscore)?

Yes. This is called a superscore, and you can request to send this in MyACT, if you have scores from at least two test events.

Your superscore is made up from your best individual scores to create the best overall composite score. When institutions receive your superscore they not only receive those scores, but also scores from your highest test event, as well as the events that make up that overall superscore composite.

Scores from September 2016 and later are valid to calculate a superscore.

4 Likes

Here’s a link to the FAQs which bouders posted:

Superscore FAQs - College and Career Readiness | ACT.

Here’s what the superscore report looks like:

Like shelby said too…many schools accept self reported scores (on common app you share your highest composite and highest scores from each section)…so don’t pay to send scores you don’t have to.

1 Like

Thanks, but the superscore report includes all of the scores from each of the tests used in some part in superscore, so if your kid took three tests and has top scores spread out across all three tests, then the college gets all of the scores for all three tests. Beware.

Are you concerned that an AO will see some lower scores in the mix and take that into account for the admission decision? Generally I take the AOs at their word when they say they evaluate apps using the highest scores.

Additionally, many schools use Slate to read apps, and many schools only import the student’s scores that make up the superscore into Slate (if the school superscores of course).

1 Like

There are some schools that will superscore for admissions, but not for automatic merit, so for those you’d need to send the composites and let them superscore it as appropriate.

1 Like

I’d spend the extra $$ and send in the tests you want.

But hopefully it’s few schools as most allow self reporting and you’ll only share the highest sections.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.