Advice! + Chances?

Middle Income Asian Male (First Generation)
Ambitiously seeking to apply and hopefully get into one of the mid-tier UCs → UCSB, UCI, UCD
W GPA: 4.1 UC GPA: 3.9
SAT: 1210 (first try, continuing to improve, aiming for 1300+)
ECs: Volunteering for CSF, Volunteering for kids @ the Latino Leaders of Tomorrow Club, Volunteering in China assisting students with English, Volunteering for Local Buddhist Temple, Yearbook
Senior Course: AP Calc, AP Literature, Physics, AP Micro/Macro or AP Psychology, Yearbook, Poly Sci

Despite English not being my native language, I persevered the language barrier and was successful in passing both my AP English Language and AP Chinese Language tests. I was able to utilize my strengths in language to assist and volunteer for students in China. I was also a weakling in math and unfortunately passed classes with B/C’s, however I did not give up as I continuously sought to improve my math abilities. I was able to demonstrate this through taking honors/AP math courses.

For my personal statements, I want to talk about the difficulties of immigrating to America, not only for me but also for my family. Being a first generation and the only child to fully assimilate into the American culture, my family depended on me for their translating needs. During harsh periods of times where my aunt was diagnosed with cancer, I played a prominent role in keeping my family calm. Living in a country without the ability to speak their language is an extremely frightening situation. Being in America certainly isn’t easy for my family, and I truly want to demonstrate this aspect of my life towards college admission officers.

My intended major is Comp Sci/ Informatics/ Software Engineer. Thank you for reading.