African-American High School Class of 2016

Hey!

Hi guys!!!

Hello

With all of these college protests, I hope those top schools will be weighting diversity a tad more this year.

It actually makes my very nervous and uneasy about attending a top school but then again racism is everywhere

@ellesea Yeah, but the term ends soon fortunately. All we’ve got is prom and IB stuff to look forward to.

I just watched Dear White People and it’s literally so good. If you haven’t seen it you def. should!!

WTF is Dear White People is sounds stupid af

@DAVE437 You’ve never heard of Dear White People??? It’s a movie about racism from white people, stereotypes, and self-hatred from some black people. Despite how stupid you think it sounds it’s very informative about the blackface parties that have been rampant on college campuses.

one of the worst things I did is went back and read my essays… literally i was like this is the worst thing I have ever written.

What do you guys think of Mackelmore’s new song

@letmeseetheworld I like the song but I don’t like how everyone’s NOW deciding to be open to what we’ve been saying for years. Like famous white person shouldn’t have to say a message for it to be well received. Other than that I appreciate the effort made by M&RL and plus its a bop.

I feel like Macklemore honestly picks a new minority or addiction (alcoholism, prescription drugs, etc) to discuss to gain more attention.

I’m glad he’s talking about these topics but I feel like it’s a ploy. What does he do besides writing/rapping these songs? Does he help out in the minority communities(not just races either but LGBTQ+, religious, etc), those who battle with addictions, and so on?

I don’t expect him to help out but at the same time it’s like, you’re speaking about relevant issues and how you want a change but you’re not willing to make a change. It’s contradictory to me. He’s just stating the obvious in most situations albeit I do love his song, “Kevin” and “The Other Side”(i think that’s what they’re called).

You see other celebrities and people who retweet/tweet informational articles on their twitter accounts, publicly make stands(like being against the Oscars, #WhatHappenedtoSandraBland, organizing protests [like Janelle Monae and Wondaland], speaking more publicly about controversial topics), creating foundations, doing community service, and it’s like, does Macklemore really care or is he just trying to make money off of ideas that are becoming heavily present in this generation.

I’m glad he acknowledges his white privilege but it seems like to me he’s using it as a justification for himself to be seen in rap/hip-hop culture. Then we have people praising him when he’s not doing anything but speaking about what BLACK people have said for years, difference is people are listening to HIM and he’s probably making money off of the song.

Only time can tell what he does with this now. If making the song was all he was about then he’s gonna get what’s coming to him for using and abusing our culture and now pretending like he cares. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for the near future.

Can you guys chance me for these schools

G.P.A 3.57 (UW) 3.97(W) (huge upward trend: first semester ninth grade 3.3 G.P.A. second semester junior year 4.33 G.P.A
ACT: 30
School really competitive #1 Catholic School in California and #2 in the nation
Boston College
Brown University
Cornell University
Gonzaga University
Northwestern University
Santa Clara University
Seattle University
Stanford University
University of Chicago
University of Michigan
University of Notre Dame
University of Pennsylvania
University of Southern California
Villanova University
Washington University in St. Louis

@DAVE437 ACT Superscore; Composite (32) English: 34 Math: 31 Reading: 32 Science: Writing: 36 32–for schools that superscore

I think you have a good chance at most of them. the Ivies and U Chicago might be harder, but Notredame and Villanova should give you an added boost for being a URM that i would say would make you a pretty sure bet.

@nfhd11214367p0i thanks for being the only person replying

Nobody probably responded to my comment, because I’m nigerian

@DAVE437 ??? That has nothing to do with it. I didn’t even know you were Nigerian and I stopped responding to chance me’s. There’s just no point anymore this late into the admission process.