After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

@rowell2024 during phase 4, each student will have a very specific time frame they can log on to select a bed. Those with the highest time will start end of April or early May, while those who didn’t pay deposit until late could have mid-late May selection. Dorm selection goes on for weeks.
As far as suite mates, no you can not hold a spot for suite mates. The only way that would work is if 2 students had the exact same selection time, on the 1st day, and they logged in at the same time, were communicating with each other and were able to virtually select rooms at the same time. It would honestly be like a needle in a haystack.

On that note….I discourage trying to line up both roommate and suite mates that your student knows. College is all about branching out and making new friends. Time to ditch the high school crowd and expand your circle. Those students who come to A&M (boys especially, for some reason) living with a high school friend, never branching out, just aren’t as involved. It all starts freshman year. Do not allow your student to sign up for Fish Camp with everyone from their school, live together with high school buddies, pledge the same fraternity & sorority, etc. Their A&M experience will be like high school 2.0…I see it every year. Just my $.02 parenting advice :sweat_smile:

@Ff1042 you asked about White Creek, @ChristiR93 explained it best. They are farther out (West Campus, past Mays), expensive & there isn’t a cafeteria. Those that live there love it! They’ve got Creekside Market/Grill, parking, apartment style living. Definitely meets a need, I never hear anyone complain. Lots of perks, you just have to plan accordingly for the distance.

4 Likes

@misterhemmings i missed your son getting a decision…what did he get??

since freshmen staying at white creek are required to have a meal plan, do you know if there’s a nearby dining hall? Or would we have to drive/bus to one of the dining halls near main campus?

@martinezcs phase 3 will have specific instructions, my Aggie handled it all, so I couldn’t tell you what it said. There are tons of kids who don’t match with a roomie, go thru as a ‘single’.
I know you are well prepared, but just double check prior to dorm selection. There are lots of tidbits that aren’t listed on ResLife (example-one side of Northside Modulars are substantially larger then the other, that kind of stuff). If she’s only wanting a single, I’d find out exactly how many singles are in each dorm, you need to know where they’re located on each hall. Only Hullabaloo and White Creek have elevators, so rooms next to stairwells in some dorms are very loud.
There will be post after post on the FB Parent pages about things like I listed, and you can ask about a specific dorm closer to the time. You will want to be armed with room & floor numbers, so you can go directly to that room, to try & get it.
Singles get snatched up right away, so you’ll want to be well prepared. Another good thing to do is use the :mag_right: search tool on the FB pages, to look up older posts about dorm selection & single rooms.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

They have a modified Meal Plan, which is new this year (many complaints by parents about having to pay the same price as Main Campus). There is no cafeteria on West Campus. Creekside Market is a store/mini market and they also have a little grill for pizzas and a few other things. There’s a new Food Hall (the name is stretching it, as it only has like CFA and one other place) on West Campus, which takes Meal Swipes. White Creek kids quickly figure out when to eat while they’re on Main Campus, and yes, the Aggie buses operate from White Creek.

1 Like

That wasn’t me. Still no change from ‘Waitlist and TEAM Consideration’ which he got offered 12/13 days back

1 Like

@KleinCajun woohoo‼️ Patience is a virtue, for sure! Congrats on Blinn TEAM. I feel certain your boy will buckle down, make A’s and will be joining Mays in no time. Join the BlinnTeam FB Parent Page. Knowledge is key-you want to learn from others mistakes, and have all the tips in your back pocket for success.

1 Like

Oh, my bad. Just hadn’t seen you post on this link before-After Admitted Parents.

Gotcha. Is there a rule about parents waiting not being allowed to follow this thread?

No rules, just assumed you had gotten a decision.
On FB pages, there are almost daily posts by ppl asking for friends, when they think more decisions will be coming out.

The white creek community center has great food choices, just not open long hours. They have pizza station, pasta bar, deli station plus nice market. The ag cafe, on west campus, has several food choices as well.

PLUS they can cook their own meals (ramon, pizza, etc.) lol… it’s a full size kitchen.

3 Likes

that process sounds like an ebay auction as it’s counting down in the last 59 seconds :grimacing: :grimacing: :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

1 Like

Yes!!! That’s a GREAT way to describe it!!

@rowell2024 White Creek- West campus food hall just opened. New West Campus Food Hall Opens At Texas A&M - Texas A&M Today

2 Likes

I’m not sure how to figure that stuff out. We can’t tour the dorm buildings, just the dorm tour which shows the model dorm rooms but we can’t walk the whole building and we can’t even enter the buildings not on the tour. Also they don’t have floor plans posted. I know which buldings have singles and I can see info like dimensions and windows but that’s about it. I will keep checking the FB pages though for room info. We are going to the dorm tour again this weekend. We are going to tour northside again and white creek for the first time.

2 Likes

@martinezcs because singles aren’t in every dorm, it won’t be too hard to find out info. There are ‘under the table’ dorm floor plans out there, that ppl can Message to you.
I would specifically ask on your tour, which dorms have singles, how many are there, where are they located (end of hall, scattered throughout, etc). They can tell you that, assuming you get a knowledgeable tour guide. There will be tons of dorm chatter, starting in April. You can ask specifically about single rooms in certain dorms-ppl will answer.

1 Like

Also, you can email housing@tamu.edu to ask if someone could give you which rooms are singles in a particular dorm. I’ve emailed them twice (once this morning to ask for a Mosher floorplan, coincidentally), and they’ve responded quickly. She said she couldn’t give me a floorplan for security reason but she did give me the room numbers of the laundry rooms, which was 1/3rd the reason I asked.

1 Like

When phase 4 opens and they login to pick a room is it reasonable to assume it identifies which rooms are singles and which are double at that time and floor they are on- so you are clear on what you are picking? Or do you have to know before hand that J4 for example is a single and on the second floor or whatever?

@martinezcs if a room has two beds, those beds will be identified by bed 1a, bed 1b (something like that). But that’s where planning ahead of time comes into play-so you don’t waste time digging around for the singles.
Parents can give you exact room numbers and tell you what the window faces, if it’s loud or not, etc.
That’s the info you need-where are the singles located in each dorm (end of hall, next to staircases, middle of hall, etc). They’ll be able to disclose that.
Plenty of time to work on dorms. Take the Housing tour Saturday, make good notes, then start paying attention in April for dorm chatter. I definitely wouldn’t contact ResLife now.

2 Likes