After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

When is moving day for fall22? There is an Impact camp 8/9-12 and wanted to make sure the calendar is clear. Thanks.

Dorm move-in starts August 20, but will have staggered, scheduled move-in times; it takes place during Howdy Week.
*If daughter goes thru sorority rush, sheā€™ll miss out on Howdy Week.
Be sure to follow as many social media pages & websites as possible, for details. Move-in dates have been mentioned often on FB Parent Pages.

2 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

We are a bit confused by the roommate phase right now. My son is going to be in what I assume is a small LLC (geosciences). He has received two requests to be part of a room mate group by people who are not in his ā€œmatchā€ list at all. We canā€™t see anything about these people or anything. How would they see my son if my son canā€™t see them because they theoretically arenā€™t in our LLC group pool? And by smallā€¦I mean literally his current room mate pool has only 6 people in it. Anyone have any ideas? If we search on these peopleā€™s names, it wonā€™t even bring them up then.

@hockeymom987 Iā€™d have your son contact ResLife and ask them. Can that particular LLC select their own roommates (some are assigned)?

@hockeymom987 , in my daughterā€™s LLC (Engineering), once she linked up with a roommate in a group, she was removed from the pool (no longer searchable). Could it be someone submitted the request earlier in the day, and later when your son went to look, that other person had already committed/joined a roommate group and therefore got removed from the ā€œavailableā€ pool?

ResLife can clarify for you.

How does it go on registration day? I know the parents arenā€™t with the students. Do they get the course guide/schedule ahead of time to plan? Then meet with an advisor to input?

A lot depends on the major. For some reason, Engineering and BIMS always seem to take the longest, have the most issues. BIMS doesnā€™t have enough advisors, thatā€™s their problem.

Day 2-students go directly to their college building (they are told where to go, plenty of time to figure out where that is ahead of time).
Before lunch-students meet with their advisor, go over degree plan & classes for the fall.
Lunch-most parents hang around the area, take their students to eat on campus, go over what advisor said.
After lunch-all students go back to their college location, and registration opens campus wide at a very specific time.

Every student can print out their degree plan ahead of time. Some work on mock schedules, nine didnā€™t.

Sounds good. Yes I was wondering how they could do a mock schedule? Is there a list of all the professors, class sections and times?

There is, you can look up Rate My Professor, Grade Distribution and something else. My Aggie does it all, so Iā€™ve never looked at those sites.
Math dept is known for changing Professors last minute, so donā€™t even bother to try and schedule with a certain prof.
Again, a lot depends on the major. Mays takes care of their students, super helpful, registration tool under 3 minutes. It was a breeze. Other majorsā€¦not so much.

1 Like

Are you engineering? DSs experience a few years ago was that many of the classes will have profs tbd (to be determined, or something like that). Most just have to pick classes that fit and not having the luxury of picking exact profs also.

45 minutes before actual registration, the kids were allowed to get on the computers and make a schedule (for some, this is their first time trying to make a schedule) and then at the precise time to register (2pm), they all hit enter. About one third were able to get into all the classes on their schedule and the rest had to do some adjusting. There was about 3 advisors for 50 kids. To prepare, get familiar with the scheduling software and understand all the info for each class being considered (building and campus location, restrictions, etc). During registration, it is my understanding that more classes open up so be patient. It is typically from 2 - 5pm so no reason to rush out after one hour if ones schedule is not complete.

In Howdy, you should be able to see ā€œclass searchā€ to get a taste of the info. you can even see ā€œclass searchā€ from the parent howdy portal

OK thank you, good info. Yes he is engineering but computing. So English and math are the same but the other classes will be different I think.

All Engineering is General Engineering, they pretty much take the same classes, I think?

I think so, unless one has credit for chem and physics

https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/engineering/computer-science/bs/#programrequirementstext

1 Like

If itā€™s BA in Computing, itā€™s totally different first year and no ETAM.

@Belk yes, you can play on howdy with the registration worksheet before the nsc. It wonā€™t be posted/listed or whatever you want to call it til probably April time frame. Itā€™s a fun tool. Then use the resources @52AG82 said to use. Very helpful.

3 Likes

All that engineering stuff is like a foreign language to mešŸ¤Ŗ Thankful Mays is pretty straight forward.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, very different from ā€œComputer Scienceā€

https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/engineering/computer-science/computing-ba/#programrequirementstext

1 Like

Hi there- my DC was admitted for BA Computer Science - not being subject to ETAM is news to us. So no minimum gpa to continue on in major after freshman year?

Correct. Google the degree plan. Itā€™s straight forward. No ETaM. Computer science does but not ba computing.

1 Like

Is there a deadline by when the scholarship offers need to be accepted by the student? Some schools say by May 1st, others sooner. I canā€™t find the deadline for TAMU.