After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

i know most of this thread is parents, but as an future aggie with parents who are not involved in the process much at all, is there any resources for me to use to get info about which dorms are still available besides parent Facebook pages? Me and my roomie have day 6 and are pretty much on our own and we are feeling the anxiety lol

1 Like

Were you able to see if there was any rooms left on the second and third floor? When you were choosing

@Sophiaaalexa if you have a friend who has already selected prior to your date, you can ask them to log into the Housing Portal and they can scope things out.

Good idea @52AG82, if you donā€™t know anyone that has dorm selection before you I can look. My selection time is on the 9th

1 Like

There was one page of dorm rooms available in Davis Gary on floors 2-4. I didnā€™t count but I would say about 12-20?

1 Like

@Lavalocks19 what did you get??

HULLABALLOO!!! My son actually hugged me :slight_smile: HAAA!!! Happy dance all aroundā€¦
Man, that was stressful. We grabbed a double on the third floor. I think there may have been more available on other floors, but we just took the first room we found. Thanks for your help!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

AWESOME!! For real, this just made my day!!
A process you donā€™t want to go thru ever again, huh??? Hullabaloo is fantastic, they will love it! :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

The boys went to Freebirds to celebrateā€¦ Iā€™ll be pouring myself a nice drink once my husband gets homeā€¦ FUN TIMES!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Message me the day before your selection day and I can look at what is avalable for you.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

youā€™re amazing, thank you!

1 Like

Would you be available to check mine an hour or so before my selection time? Itā€™s Monday at 4:30

Question on temp housing. We were assigned temp housing today. We have a spot in the Stack (didnā€™t want the anxiety of not having a spot anywhere).

If we decline temp housing now, would we be on the hook for the 500$ late cancellation fee? Any prior experiences?

Thanks in advance

Probably not at that time but I can at some point earlier in the day. Message me with your first and second choice dorm buildings and if you have a roommate or not, if you need two beds or one in a double or if you are looking for a single.

2 Likes

@Solid7 you would need to read the fine print in your ResLife Housing contract. Those on Wait List can get off without paying a fee, but Iā€™m not sure once you get moved to Temp List. Iā€™m guessing you may get grace until June 1 to cancel w/o feeā€¦but read the fine print.
Temp List IS guaranteed a room on campus.

1 Like

Thank you!!

Ours will be 5/12 at 4:30 pm. What should we expect ?

@Mha6514 decide Northside or Southside, then have MANY options ready, like list/rank every dorm. More options will be available if they donā€™t have a roommate; if they have a roommate itā€™ll be pretty difficult to find an open room with 2 empty beds.
Go immediately to higher floors (1st and 2nd fill fastest, since only Hullabaloo and White Creek have elevators). Watch the ResLife video, be prepared. Itā€™s a fast & frantic process.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like