Alabama Action Form is Up

<p>I noticed our check for AA cleared the bank this week, which I assume means D is in the class! Will we get credit for the check on her account to count against other enrollment expenses (fees, room and board) since she has the Presidential scholarship?</p>

<p>NMSFdad - Information packets came out in July last year. IF the background check is required, it should be in the packet</p>

<p>LL -There should be a credit to the student’s account for the cost of AA.</p>

<p>Thanks, bamagirls! :)</p>

<p>if you email the honors college with the campus wide id, they can check to see if the application for AA has been received and/or registered.</p>

<p>You’re welcome NMSFdad. Hope your student has a blast! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>lattelady, the fee for Alabama Action/Outdoor Action is treated as an additional course fee, so it won’t cover any additional charges unless one has additional scholarships to use towards fees, room, and board. There may also be an additional Honors College facility/course fee ($7 or $9) due when a student confirms their schedule in July/August.</p>

<p>I was wondering if anyone can remember what the schedule for AA was like? I am hoping that D can move in on Saturday, August 11th. When do AA activities start? I am thinking I will stay until Sunday and then fly home. Will D be busy first thing Sunday morning with AA activities?</p>

<p>Sorry, I know this doesn’t take place for awhile but my husband can only help move D in if he can fly out of Birmingham to Vegas for his trade show.</p>

<p>Linnylu,</p>

<p>Last year the students picked up information packets on Sunday afternoon and there was an opening information meeting on Sunday evening. Depending upon which part of AA students do, AA activities began by leaving as early as 7:00 a.m. for Focus First. Breakfast is normally at 7:00 a.m., so most eat then. Not everyone gets back at the same time in the afternoon, but lectures are late afternoon and then there is dinner. Dinner is in groups. Following dinner, there were optional evening activities that ran as late as 10:00 p.m. or so.</p>

<p>Bamagirls, do you know if all dorms can check in on Saturday? My DH has to fly to Vegas late evening on Saturday or early morning Sunday. We want him to be available to help us loft bed, etc.</p>

<p>Students will be given an opportunity to select a move in time/date later. We moved in on Saturday last year in the north tower of RCS. Tut moved in (or did last year) on Friday. D’s friend either moved in on Saturday or Sunday in Riverside. It shouldn’t be a problem getting a Saturday move in time. :slight_smile: It moves really smoothly. Cars are staged at the Ten Hoor lot and then drive up the sidewalk to RCS to pick up keys and have volunteers unload and move things to the suite. You will touch nothing until it is in her room. Some of the professors actually helped the students move in last year and several of the local churches send volunteers also. I think the move-in sign ups may have been in June last year.</p>

<p>Thanks, Bama girls. That’s amazing that volunteers unload and move things. So move in time is by selection and not where 1 dorm moves in 1 day/time and a different time the other? My D prefers Riverside so far.</p>

<p>Tut moves in first for rush on Friday. The AA students move in on Saturday and Sunday. Her friend who is also Honors and lived in Riverside either moved in Saturday or Sunday. Only Honors students will be moving in at that time. Each community or groups of communities have different times or days for move in, but all of these AA participants will move in on Saturday or Sunday if it is like last year. They would all have to be able to get settled in by Sunday afternoon. Students sign up online and select the day and time that works best for them. I believe the selection time was in June last year.</p>