Alabama vs. Ole Miss

<p>@SOSConcern‌
@chesterton
@mom2collegekids‌ </p>

<p>The verdict is in. I chose the University of Alabama, paid my deposit. I have not yet applied to Honors college, although seriously considering it after meeting with the Dean Emeritus. I am procrastinating the essay. </p>

<p>I accepted my Presidential Scholarship last night. Money was never a driving factor for me, but it’s nice to know that I can go to med/dental/grad school and come out without any student debt and a nice chunk of change.</p>

<p>I gave Ole Miss a chance right up until the bitter end, but Alabama just seemed like a much better fit for me. </p>

<p>The sticker and license plate frame are on my car, and a large order of apparel is on the way (campus bookstore had a poor selection of sizes and styles). </p>

<p>However, I am now violently ill with a fever of 101.4*F, shakes, chills, vomiting and disorientation. It seems Ole Miss is taking revenge. </p>

<p>Thank you so much for all of your help! I look forward to wearing shorts in December. </p>

<p>So sorry you are sick. Hope you get feeling better soon. But congratulations!</p>

<p>Congratulations on your decision! Definitely apply to the Honors College. Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Feel better.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Don’t overthink the essay. Admission to the Honors College is automatic as long as you have the stats. My D just wrote a few sentences about herself, an introduction of sorts - compared to the other essays she had to write, it was nothing.</p>

<p>Yes, don’t over-think (or over-sweat) the essay! My son was actually admitted before he’d even completed the essay. Just get it done–you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!</p>

<p>Congratulations on your choice!!! You gave the decision plenty of thought and you chose wisely, wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Absolutely, join the Honors College, it is a win win situation!!</p>