Am I considered Hispanic/Latino for college applications?

Can I check that I am Hispanic or Latino for college applications? My parents are both white and grew up on the East Coast. We’re upper-middle class. However, I was born in Panama and have dual citizenship. I lived in Panama for a year and Guatemala for another 6 months. I grew up speaking Spanish and I went to a bilingual elementary school. I have a common Panamanian first name and a pretty traditional white last name. Does my birthplace or anything else count as having origins in a Latin American country?
I realize this is a stretch and I’m afraid that colleges will think that I’m lying. At the same time, I want the best chance possible of getting into college. So, can I legally call myself Hispanic/Latino?

From the College Board:

NHRP’s Definition of Hispanic/Latino
To be eligible, you must be at least one-quarter Hispanic/Latino. Hispanic/Latino is an ethnic category, not a racial category, so you can be of any race.

You must have ancestors from at least one of these countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain, Uruguay, or Venezuela.

Being born in Panama does not make you Hispanic.

Are your white parents Hispanic/Latino? If they are, then you are, too.

If they’re not, then you being born overseas doesn’t confer it to you.

Okay, thank you!