American University Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Thanks. Maybe you are right and no answer is kind of like a wait list. He could write to the AO or maybe to the Honors Program office directly?

Congrats to all who were admitted! For the parents on the page interested in more information there is an American University Parents Facebook page run by the school and an American Chill page run by a parent that has been a great forum as a freshman parent for questions and information sharing with more experienced parents of older students.

4 Likes

34 act
4.1 W
all APS and honors
major:physics and MT
really strong ecs - physics research at university, in professional musicals, started own business, finalist in nat math comp, won performance award, a lot more other ones too
really strong letters
really unique essay
waitlisted…

1 Like

Yes. Accepted into Cornerstone with $10/year. Otherwise self-pay.

1 Like

Accepted RD from Michigan
3.9 GPA / ranked 3/22
Test-Optional
Class president, NHS vp, NAHS vp, yearbook editor, chess club, worked two different jobs throughout high school
Great essays
Applied as a political science major

3.7 gpa
test optional
2 APs, mostly honors
decent EC’s (captain of hockey team)
Accepted- very surprised!

5 Likes

I can’t seem to find the parent pages? I found one AU Parents FB page but you just have to ‘like’ it to follow - is that the school one? My older daughter at another university has a group run by parents that you actually have to ‘join’ so I just wanted to check on this. Also where is the group run by parents? Thank you so much for any additional detail and congratulations to all!

American Chill is one of the parent groups that you have to join.
The official school one I just clicked “like”

2 Likes

Waitlisted:
3.83 uw gpa
31 ACT
8 APs, 8 honors, 2 dual credit, also took an additional calculus class at my local state university
Strong ECs (multiple honors societies, varsity sport, leadership positions, lots of volunteering, working 30+ hours a week)
Strong essay

I did get into Northeastern though so I’m not too concerned.

5 Likes

Any word on admitted student days/tours?

2 Likes

There are several in-person information sessions and tour days available, they are not specifically noted on the website as admitted student days, however. Since yesterday they really booked up fast, so if you are interested you might want to reserve a spot quick.

Recommendations for hotels on or close to campus, anyone?

Do you think these have new information beyond what we would have seen/heard on a tour back in February?

The campus is about a 15 minute walk from a metro stop, so you could try that. It’s a lovely walk from the Tenleytown stop to the campus.

2 Likes

We’ve been on two tours (April 2021 and February 2022). They were about the same. Thorough, but definitely a general tour. I hope there’s an accepted student day, etc.

2 Likes

Yes! I am so glad you asked - I just called and got information - for admitted students go here:

There are specific tours including New Eagle Day on April 8. Exciting!

2 Likes

RSVP for an admitted student here: RSVP Homepage for Admissions Events | American University, Washington, DC

thanks! just registered. this community has been very helpful.

2 Likes

My son was accepted to Justice and Law Studies with $25k in grants & loans. Applied test optional with 7 AP classes (no scores submitted), 1 dual enrollment Criminology class, and all Honors or accelerated classes. Not many ECs but he’s been working part-time for two years and has done lots of community service (his high school requires it). We’re very excited as this is one of his top choices.

4 Likes

Son was accepted undeclared. 3.65UW/4.1W, 4 AP and the rest honors. Test optional.

3 Likes

Thanks. Any chance they told you want the difference is between New Eagle Day and Showcase AU?

1 Like