Amherst 2025 ED Discussion

Will the fact that some of the class of '24 deferred last year make a difference to this year’s admissions?

We have heard Amherst and elite LAC’s other schools saying not to worry about this, so we are taking them at face value on this. I have to believe they can’t short change one class as it will create an impact for years to come. I know that D18’s year they over enrolled and it wreaked a little havoc for the small campus, but they figured out some things for that class and with housing for COVID they also learned how to handle the housing issues, so I think they will likely target the same enrollment numbers. I do think that maybe some athletes will see less playing time, as I have read and heard that a few took the Fall semester off to be able to play one more season.
I wish you all the best outcome next week. Tusks up!

2 Likes

Has anyone heard if there will be any likely letters?

If decisions come out Wednesday, I think it’s pretty unlikely they would send anyone applying ED a likely letter at this point.

Otherwise I don’t know if they normally send any or not.

Haha I also joined the info session, and my whole family literally freaked out when they heard the number…

you need to be deferred first, and then you could receive that Chinese-only interview invitation

but if you were accepted in the ED round, I guess there is no interview then?

just a wild guess

dude have we watched the same TV show???

Hey guys, just wondering anyone else is applying from China.

international but not china–were there a lot of Chinese applicants this year?

no, actually very small amount of Chinese applicants this year. I may be wrong, but so far I just get to know several.

Do Admissions officers admit international students based on region? I mean is there a quota for each region?

I don’t think there is a explicit quota, but seems like students from same region will be put together to consider

Another fellow international checking in! This time from Eastern Europe. Wishing you all the best luck with decisions, hopefully we’ll hear more tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Where is everyone applying from?
I’m in England!

Ok. We have seen the Asian and European camp. Anyone from Africa?

Hey! I’m also applying from Eastern Europe(Ukraine). Good luck to you

1 Like

Привіт! I’m from neighboring Hungary. Good luck to you too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Domestic applicants here?

3 Likes

Yes, me!

Just curious, is it confirmed that ED will be out this Wednesday? On the App Portal it says Dec15. Excited but nervous!

Hello everyone. Good luck to all of us. How likely is Amherst deferring students in early round? Are they more into rejecting or deferring?