An URM's journey through College Admissions

@Princeton2020 hi, I’ve been lurking on this post for a while now. You’re story is really inspiration and I genuinely hope you’ll end up at a great college. I’m applying REA to Stanford from Africa. Would you mind reading my essays just for feedback?

@kenyan254 Sure, DM me!

@Princetonian2020 I hot into Stanford!!! I’m sure you’ll get into Princeton too!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thank you @MYOS1634 I remember you from my thread earlier this year? I just wanted to thank you for the advice you gave me! It worked!

@kenyan254 THAT’S WONDERFUL NEWS! CONGRATULATIONS! And haha, I don’t know about Princeton, I’m practically losing it thinking about my admission decision!

Don’t worry too much about it! If you told your story you’ll get in! That’s what helped me most! I wish you the best as you await the decisions. May the odds ever be in your favour!

PS: my gf is also applying to Princeton! I’ll tell you whether she gets in or not :-bd

Hello everyone!

I’ve been admitted into both Princeton and UMBC, so it has really been an eventful week. I’ll probably be attending Princeton, but obviously since I’ve invested so much money in these applications - I might as well hear back from the others!

Peace :)>-

WOOOOWWWWWWW!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :smiley:

Was the information in a special email? Or did the email just say to log onto your portal?

Now, next part: the financial aid package. Don’t forget to talk about that, too, as it’s part of the college journey these days…

Congrats! :slight_smile:

That’s awesome news to hear! Good luck with the rest of your decisions, although they probably won’t matter too much as you have already been admitted to your top choice!

I have been offered a full ride to both UNC Chapel Hill and UMBC. Both hard offers to pass up. I’m still leaning towards Pton though :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats, @Princetonian2020!!

Congrats!!! I am a URM myself. Hoping to get as lucky as you did. You have some great options to choose from.

Another update: I just recently received news that I have been nominated for the BK Partial/Full scholarship through the Honors College at UMDCP! This is all really amazing, and I will continue to keep you all updated :">

Congrats @Princetonian2020 !! Great news!

Thank you @GnocchiB ! Very blessed this admissions season for sure :slight_smile:

Heard back from Vanderbilt and Duke (likely letters) — the news just keeps getting better and better.

Did you get your financial aid offer for Princeton?
If it’s affordable (and it should, they’re very generous), that’d definitely be my pick.
But in any case, you’ll have awesome choices!

Once you get there, please come back and tell us about Princeton from a URM female perspective, if you love it or hate it, etc.