Any advise / info on Accelerated BSN ?

<p>My D1 is in college & she is hoping to apply for the Accelerated BSN Program this Fall. I heard that it is extremely competitive. I couldn't find any info / data on admission rate.
She is taking some of the pre-req. classes now to prepare for this.
Any advise / info is greatly appreciated. Thank You!</p>

<p>Many, if not most, 4 year BSN Programs also have Accelerated BSN Programs. Many tend to run 16-18 months straight through with no summer break. It may take longer if a student has to take a large number of pre-req courses. They generally require a minimum undergrad GPA of 3.0-3.2 to apply with your odds of acceptance being significantly increased with a GPA of 3.4-3.6 (or above) at your higher ranked schools. It obviously varies by school as to the level of competition similar to 4 year BSN Programs. I am not aware of any published data on admission rates for these Programs but they are becoming increasingly popular so I suspect competition is increasing. However if you shop around in most cases I feel you should be able to find a Program unless your GPA is really substandard. I would recommend that your D attempt to identify ASAP the schools she is interested in and then go to the Nursing websites at these schools to see exactly what pre-req they require. Some students end up having to take pre-req courses the summer before the Program starts if they are deficient in this area. Good luck. </p>

<p>Thank You very much !!!
She is taking classes for her major + most these pre-req. classes at the same time. </p>

<p>They all want slightly different pre-req. & she is trying to take as many as possible while finishing her 3rd & 4th yr in college.</p>

<p>The only tiny bit of info I gathered was from one of the college’s website : competitive applicants should have all As in their science & all pre-req. classes.
That sounds like mission impossible.</p>

<p>The competitiveness probably greatly varies with the number of accelerated RN programs in your geographic area. In some places, there are many programs, where are probably less competitive. </p>

<p>Thank you ! We will definitely have to look into OOS programs & widen our search.</p>