Anyone at UC have stretched/gauged ears?

<p>I’ve been accepted to UCSB and UCSC. I like metal/hardcore and yeah i made the HUGE mistake of stretching my ears. DUMB, I know, trust me. I have to live with it, but are there other people that currently go to UC with stretched ears? Or straight edge?</p>

<p>I really want to get that done. I have no idea why I just think it would look cool. I go to UCI and don't know anyone who has them BUT I think there may be a few guys here who have them, maybe girls too.</p>

<p>I have my ears stretched to 1 1/2 inches. Lol i wonder what people are gonna think down in Cali. I'm sure they're more accepting than here in Nowhereville, Washington aka Yakima. Haha</p>

<p>It's not super common in California, but it's not like you'd be shunned or anything. If people would react, some might think it's weird - but some might think it's really cool.</p>

<p>Yeah that's what i was thinking. It's certainly gonna be better than here.</p>

<p>I take it no one else has any? Lol</p>

<p>So Cal has its "hardxcore" scene, if that's what you're wondering. From what I've noticed, the trend of stretching has died down a bit, but it's definitely still around. I don't think it's any more or less common here (I live here) than anywhere else where you will find a fan base or group of people who listen to that type of music/rock that style. If you feel out of place, take a trip to Warped Tour come this summer...you will find yourself in a sea of people who will probably look exactly like you...lol.</p>

<p>It's the same as any trend, though. These things come and go...(think: tattoos...lots of people have them, and lots of people don't. Doesn't mean you're going to be shunned or un-shunned [<--Dwight reference] either way. Know what I mean?</p>

<p>Don't sweat the small stuff. You will be accepted by people wherever you go. And if not, eff em!</p>

<p>p.s.-Sounds like you may have some regrets...you do know that you can get surgery to fix the holes, right? Did you stretch them from a regular size or get them scalpelled?</p>

<p>And forgive me, but I have to:
[url=<a href="http://www.yourscenesucks.com/%5Dyourscenesucks.com%5B/url"&gt;http://www.yourscenesucks.com/]yourscenesucks.com[/url&lt;/a&gt;]&lt;/p>

<p>haha lmfao, omfg, that has to be the best site I've seen in a very long time. Thank you for that, I haven't laughed that hard in as long as I can remember. yeah I have regrets, but I don't have the $4 grand to fix them. It's not cheap and insurance doesn't cover in any way. Haha I just wanted to know if people around Santa Barbara had really been around it much, or still new to the idea of people having ears like that. But thank you for your insight, that was the funniest site I've seen in a while.</p>

<p>That Bane kid is about to get beat up by that hatebreed bro.</p>

<p>hahahah that's what i was thinking! Then the hottopiccore kid, as they call him, that kid just scares the living hell out of me. People need to watch out for Hatebreed, crazy ones.... Haha</p>

<p>It's unfortunate that I have actually seen all of these stereotypes in person. The popcore kids are the worst.</p>

<p>I'd be more worried about having "stretched" ears when I'm 25 and have to apply for a grown-up job than when I'm going into college.</p>

<p>Oh god the popcore kids, and the hipster/scenebeans. OHHHHH GEEZZZZ. Those kids just rock my socks off. Haha!</p>

<p>ANd I know that SaveTheManatees, but this is the next stage in my life, and it's what I'm currently concerned about. Ya know what I mean? :D</p>

<p>Cya all at UCSB!
Woo!</p>

<p>Hahah Indy are you straightedge??</p>

<p>people will be accepting of gauges at SB, I'm sure. </p>

<p>A whole bunch of people at my high school have them and everyone is cool with it, and that is northern california where people are more uptight. :]</p>

<p>Yeah sir. Full edge. I still have like energy drinks and stuff, and eat meat, but that's the extent of my wastefulness. I'm still down to have a really good time at SB and even walk around Isla Vista with people I'm hanging out with. I used to party a TONNNNNNN!, but that lifestyle really tore me apart, and I've been edge for a while now, and still hangout with my friends when they party, being around it doesn't really bother me.</p>

<p>Yeah that's what I've heard about NorCal. I'm just so freaking excited for the beaches and the warmth down in SB. Ahhhhh sooooo pumped!</p>

<p>Haha, glad you have a good sense of humor. :] Yeah, I'm only about an hour out from SB and it's no surprise to see gauges around here (well, maybe it's a shock to the elderly...haha). I think you'll be chillin'. </p>

<p>Is it REALLY that expensive for the surgery? Man...that's gnarly.</p>

<p>Haha I've looked into it a little, and well, I'm not getting em fixed for a longggggg time :D
hahah.
I don't have 3 to 4 grand just lying around, so my ears are gonna make me look like an African native for some while longer.
:D.
I like the originality anyways.</p>

<p>I don't think people in norcal are more uptight. I actually think they're more accepting. If you compare SF with LA, I find they're much nicer up in SF (I was born and raised in LA). And Berkeley is such a hippie town...I can't imagine them shunning someone because of their appearance. But that's just my opinion.</p>

<p>"I'm just so freaking excited for the beaches and the warmth down in SB. "</p>

<p>^You should be. SB is amaaaaaaziiinnnggg. =) I was walking around downtown yesterday and I was like man I'm so lucky I got into UCSB. haha.</p>