Anyone gotten a booster shot?

No, I don’t want to do that right now. But soon they will be checking that your vaccine was 8 months ago. I think my question was not clear.

It does not matter when you walk in. No one is checking dates. You are responsible for that, not the pharmacy. People get shots in a different states and countries and venues. You are your own monitor.

1 Like

I don’t know about each person that received the 3rd dose, but for my aunt and uncle, no questions were asked. As far as I know, most, if not all of these people received their second vaccine in January, so 7 months ago. As Israel is dosing at 6 months for this age group, they decided they were good to get them now instead of waiting a month.

I am going to wait until next month even though my physician said I could go ahead and get it now.

2 Likes

When I look at the data I tend to lean toward 6 months too TBH. No sense waiting for it to get very low IMO, not at this stage of Covid’s attack.

1 Like

Looking at getting the Covid booster shot at the end of September. Is there any recommendation on spacing the booster shot with a flu shot?

When my daughter was in the test group, it was a series of 5 infusions. She started in Nov 96 and went through that season and then got 5 the next year too. After that, it went to one shot.

She was a micro-preemie (born at 24 weeks). I thought they were developing it for all babies, not just preemies, but once she was eligible, I didn’t really worry about who else was. She did not get the single injections in the following years as she was then almost 3 years old.

1 Like

Are you all saying that people can just walk into a drugstore or otherwise providing boosters and get one without showing…anything? Vaccination card? Nothing?

If so that disturbs me. Also disturbs me that depending on supply, those that don’t need it yet (<6months since 2nd shot) are taking the dose from someone else.

I could not do that easily in GA. I would have to refuse ID and provide inaccurate information…which I would not do, so I’m not sure how that would play out. However, I’m guessing if I was willing to say I had no ID and no insurance and had not had a previous vaccination, perhaps I could get one as the vaccination rate statewide is so low.

It sounds like other states operate differently.

2 Likes

Supply greatly exceeds demand in the US, no shots are being taken away from anyone who wants one. You do realize you could also get a flu shot, or a tetnus shot, or other vaccines, at a local pharmacy, without anyone inquiring as to your last date of immunization? You are responsible for your health records.

10 Likes

I read over 1 million people in the US have received boosters, most of them don’t qualify per current rules (specific immuno-compromised reasons). And agree with roycroftmom…these people haven’t taken shots away from anyone.

9 Likes

I believe they only do RSV vaccines for preemies. D25 was a preemie and got monthly RSV vaccines for 3 months. We had to fight with insurance over one, otherwise it wild have been $1000/shot.

When I took my daughter to the ‘vaccine bus’ which is a great big bus (actually I think there are 15 or so of them) run by the state, they didn’t want to see ANY info. She had her vaccine card from her first shot (which had been at a pharmacy) but otherwise they actually crossed off all the insurance info and other questions on the form. She just had to give her name and address, no ID or insurance card. In fact, she signed the consent line and the guy asked how old she was (she does look young) but once she said ‘25’ he was fine. They did enter the name and address into a computer to make the gift card activate.

She could have given any name and address.

No one is taking doses from anyone else. Every distribution place has an excess of vaccines.

1 Like

I had to show my vaccination card, but I only had to check a box saying that I qualified for a third shot.

1 Like

When my daughter was in the testing group, it was sometimes $10,000 for the infusion. The medicine was about $6000, and then it depended on how much other stuff they did and how many supplies they used. One month, she had to have 7 different sites for the infusions. I could watch through the first 4, but when they put them in her head, I could no longer watch.

She never got RSV.

Thanks for explaining the supply and picture. It’s surprising that the effort isn’t a little more “organized”?

2 Likes

If the priority is getting shots in arms, the current level seems to work

I agree that no one is taking shots from anyone. The supply is there.

In my state, my covid vaccine was logged into the statewide Department of Health system. I could see the screen and my vaccine records back to 1971. Flu shots excepted. We can walk in for those and they aren’t logged in the state system. If covid becomes the “norm” and less of a risk, I could see it being treated like the annual flu vaccine in the future (in my state).

The ironic thing is that GA has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country and yet has statewide records. I did confirm after my previous post that anyone can refuse ID/insurance and will be given the vaccine. A lot of the pop ups are touting that to get more people to vaccs up! Anything to remove barriers to people getting the vaccine is a good thing! What I don’t know is if I would be allowed a booster since my information is available in the DOH system. I’m guessing if I went to a pop up vs the pharmacy or health clinic that I could get one if I wanted.

ETA: My experience with logging the covid vacc in the DOH immunization records is based on my first two shots in March and April. Perhaps that process has changed.

Yes, over one million people have already done that. It disturbs me too, not necessarily taking a dose from someone else (I think some are being thrown away at this point) but there’s no tracking, no reporting of side effects, whether it benefits, etc.

4 Likes

3 US Senators, all vaxxed, announced they had covid today (1 R, 1 D, and 1 I). They were in the early wave of vaccines.
I agree I wish there were a better system of tracking breakthrough cases. But there is not, and that isn’t getting fixed soon.

2 Likes

At the Bus, I did notice that they didn’t make my daughter wait the 15 minutes, or even suggest it. She came out of the bus, stood about 4-5 minutes to get her gift card, and we drove away.