Anyone in the engineering school?

<p>Would like to hear current thoughts on the engineering program? I amLooking for smaller classes with lots of interaction with professors...Does the engineering department have a strong tie to Miami employers? Any comments from current students or alumni would be appreciated...</p>

<p>when i visited Miami they told me about “the Dean’s Promise” which says that 100% of the students that graduate in the engineering program get jobs right out of college and if you dont Miami will pay for your graduate school. They have never had to pay for graduate school because all of the students have found jobs</p>

<p>the real question is are they good jobs. It would be a lot better to have a healthy percentage of the 100% to have jobs at well known larger companies. But if the majority of the engineers get small time local jobs, I wouldn’t think that is favorable.</p>

<p>Im in the same boat as you. I was accepted into Industrial Engineering and would love a college as small as Miami. I would appreciate additional opinions as well</p>

<p>Yeah, Im really curious to know too bc I was accepted into their aerospace engineering program, but havent heard much…</p>