AP Announcement and Warning

<p>Please read College</a> Confidential & The College Board.</p>

<p>The College Board has policies for its test takers and what they can disclose about the tests. College Confidential is not party to any agreements between TCB and test takers, and isn't responsible for enforcing TCB's policies. We don't necessarily endorse these policies. However, in the interest of protecting our members from unwittingly violating them, here's a summary provided by TCB in their own words:</p>

<p>College Board AP Test Policies</p>

<p>The College Board has policies for its test takers and what they can disclose about the tests. College Confidential is not party to any agreements between TCB and test takers, and isn't responsible for enforcing TCB's policies. We don't necessarily endorse these policies. However, in the interest of protecting our members from unwittingly violating them, here's a summary provided by TCB in their own words:</p>

<p>UNALLOWABLE CONTENT
1. The articulation of multiple-choice exam questions and answers.
2. The articulation of free-response questions* within 2 days of the exam in which they appear.</p>

<p>EXAMPLES OF ALLOWABLE CONTENT
1. A general discussion of topics on the exam.
2. Comments on how well the course covered those topics.
3. Comments related to preparation.
4. Comments on how well the student thinks s/he did.
5. Comments on the difficulty of the exam.</p>

<p>*Free-response questions from alternate forms of the exams given during the late-testing period may never be discussed. </p>

<p>PRINTED POLICY
Because multiple-choice questions are sometimes reused, no one must see the multiple-choice questions except the students during the exam. Students may not, under any circumstances, take multiple-choice questions from the room, give them to anyone else, or discuss them with anyone else (including the AP teacher) through any means, including, but not limited to, e-mail, text messages, and the Internet. Students are not permitted to discuss the free-response questions until 48 hours after the exam administration, except in the case of alternate testing. Free-response questions that appear on alternate forms of the exam may never be discussed. </p>

<p>When the AP Program finds that a student has disclosed through any means any multiple-choice questions, any free-response question from an alternate exam, or any free-response question from a regularly-scheduled exam within the 48 hours of its administration, the Program will automatically have that student's exam grades canceled.</p>

<p>Each time a student takes an AP Exam he/she must sign the following statement: "To maintain the security of the exam and the validity of my AP grade, I will allow no one else to see the multiple-choice questions. I will seal the appropriate section when asked to do so, and, I will not discuss these questions with anyone at any time after the completion of the section. I am aware of and agree to the Program's policies and procedures as outlined in the 2005-06 Bulletin for AP Students and Parents - including using extended time only if I have been preapproved by College Board Services for Students with Disabilities."</p>

<p>As AP exam season approaches, the CC Moderating Staff wants to remind everyone that this forum is for discussion of appropriate ways to study for the upcoming exams, to evaluate commercially available study books, to speculate on possible exam topics, or to discuss what sort of performance would earn the highest marks. It is NOT appropriate to post the content of a past exam, to post links to sites that offer copies of old exams, or to solicit or offer such exams or links. The Moderating Staff will delete any such threads and will suspend posting privileges for any members offering or soliciting such copies. Please read Roger Dooley's memo from last year for further details.</p>

<p>Dear College Confidential Members,</p>

<p>I would like to remind you that the sharing and/or selling of copyrighted materials is not allowed on our site; this includes the swapping of official AP test materials. Even if you paid for these materials yourself, you are in violation of copyright law when you copy and distribute these tests. Practice and old official tests can be obtained through the testing companies, but not through our members.</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/ap-tests-preparation/341965-defy-college-boards-rules-your-own-risk.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/ap-tests-preparation/341965-defy-college-boards-rules-your-own-risk.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;