AP/IB or full IB

<p>What are the benefits of being a full IB candidate? Is it better to do well in AP/IB or not do as well as a full ib candidate?</p>

<p>AP/IB is better. Ib full candidate helps if you are considering college in europe. if not then AP/IB will get you more american college credits and you don’t have to take any required IB language or history classes.</p>

<p>AP is more useful in the US. Take this from a full IB student who is self-studying for some AP exams senior year to get actual useful credit that will knock off degree requirements in college.</p>

<p>AP/IB. Get some more college credit while you can.</p>

<p>Alright, I’ll be the odd one who supports IB then haha. IB isn’t for everyone and a lot of this depends on you. If you are strong in one area but weak in another, if writing isn’t your strong suit but memorization is and if you want a lot of college credit, I would say go with AP/IB. If you enjoy writing (IB is extremely writing based) and you’re strong in many subjects, IB would probably be more useful. It’s also generally recognized that IB does a better job at preparing students for college because of all the essays and critical thinking. </p>

<p><a href=“Why Not Both? - YouTube”>Why Not Both? - YouTube;

<p>Hey guys if we want to do AP/IB should we do AP or IB English? I have an A in English and I like reading, but I’m not that good at writing.</p>

<p>I would do full IB if colleges that you may consider look at IB. If they don’t, don’t bother with it. A lot do, though. I love full IB, and I’m glad that I followed the path that I’m in. It is a lot, but it’s manageable. It teaches you how you learn and what studying techniques will help you more. It really helps you learn about your own learning styles. I think that’s a really important thing to learn in high school.</p>

<p>Pretty much most of the colleges look at IB. So that doesn’t really narrow down choices very much…</p>

<p>It depends on the school, as well. For SUNY Binghamton, you can get up to 32 (out of 126 needed for graduation) credits for completing the diploma with high enough test scores.</p>

<p>INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE PROGRAM
Binghamton University recognizes schools offering the International Baccalaureate program. The International Baccalaureate curriculum is the most challenging and comprehensive curriculum available and IB participation is recommended, taken into account and considered during the application process.</p>

<p>Binghamton University students may earn credit by exam for coursework completed in high school under the International Baccalaureate Program. Credit is awarded only for Higher Level exams, with exam scores of 4 or 5 receiving 4 credits and exam scores of 6 or 7 receiving 8 credits.</p>

<p>SUNY General Education requirements can be satisfied by completing Higher Level exams in five of the ten areas of competency. In addition, the General Education requirement for foreign language is satisfied by a score of 4-7 on either the Higher Level or Standard Level exams.</p>

<p>Binghamton University requires an official International Baccalaureate transcript in order to evaluate credit. Official scores may be delivered electronically through the International Baccalaureate website (please see below). International Baccalaureate courses and grades listed on a high school transcript are not acceptable for evaluation.</p>

<p>Students in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program may receive up to 32 credits. To receive the full 32 credits, the following conditions must be met:</p>

<p>The IB Diploma must be completed with a score of 30 or more points; and
The student must complete at least three Higher Level exams with a score of 5 or higher.
Diploma holders who meet these conditions receive credit for their individual exam scores plus additional liberal arts elective credit to total 32 credits.</p>

<p>If you want to cram in the most credits: do AP/IB.
If you want to be the best prepared for college: do full IB.
With this second option, you can also often throw in some AP tests for the classes you are taking as SL and wouldn’t otherwise get credit for. I was on the fence about whether or not to go for the IB diploma and I’m glad I did. And it doesn’t stop you from getting a ton of credits. I had 45 to start, and I don’t think beyond that (or really beyond 32) it makes much of a difference.</p>

<p>AP/IB. Colleges generally value them equally, so it’s better to get good grades doing a combination of them than to get lower grades doing only IB.</p>

<p>CNICK!!!</p>

<p>guess who i am</p>

<p>def full IB</p>

<p>Skyler? @ihasit</p>

<p>It all depends on your ability to handle all the studying. It isnt better to be a jack-of-all-trades, because that would make you a master of none. Good luck!</p>

<p>AP trumps IB all day everyday</p>

<p>@Johnny H , curious on what you base that answer. </p>