Applying As Transfer Student

<p>Basically, I’m in a tough situation. I’m studying in a college that doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest. I just realized that my interests and preferences have nothing in common with the major I’m taking right now (Engineering). And… I’m performing terribly in academics. The predicament is intensified because I actually got into a university in USA this year (even though it was a satellite campus) but unfortunately, my dad didn’t reckon we had enough money to cover the tuition. Oh, and I’m not studying in USA, which was essentially my goal for the past couple of years.</p>

<p>I’m definitely considering a transfer but I’m worried my poor performance in my current college will drastically decrease my chances of getting accepted. And I am also certainly going to change my major, I’ve heard that a transfer applicant cannot change his major and must be accepted as a freshman. That’s okay, but will my high school grades be considered in that case? Probably not. Because the major I intend to choose was neither taught in high school nor offered in my college (another reason I want to transfer).</p>

<p>Finally, what’s the deadline? For the Fall admission.</p>

<p>Incidentally, my SAT total was 1900.
Critical Reading - 630
Math - 620
Writing - 650</p>