ARN or Pre-Med?

<p>Hello
I am currently a freshmen attending community college. I am undecided on either pursuiting a major in Biology while transfering to UCR, or going for an ARN(associates nursing) program at community college. I have considered the thought of medical school or graduate programs; as for the fact that a B.S in Biology really leaves me with few career options and a low-salary pay. However, I know that it will be a great challenge (and time-consuming) if I decide to go for a graduate degree. Nursing sounds great, but for some reason I feel that I want to learn more science and still pursuit a stronger academic background. I know that many students have had such exprience of deciding one over the other. What made you choose your major? :)
The fact that I have priority registration is a plus right now. Since the pre-reqs of Nursing and Pre-Med are very different, I must choose now. I just would like some opinions of others :)</p>

<p>I’m moving your thread to the Nursing forum since it is really about careers and not transferring. I suggest you also post your question on the PreMed Topics forum to get both sides of the story.</p>

<p>You say that want to pursue a ‘stronger academic background’. What makes you think that you won’t have that with a nursing degree? Nursing is very hard (ask what percent graduate in 2 years - I think the answer may surprise you.) and quite rigorous. </p>

<p>However, if your end goal is not to be a nurse, then I’d suggest that you look at a different science major.</p>