Artistic acceptances MT/Acting class of 2026

He needs to do all of the calling and all of the communications.

3 Likes

We were hoping since their junior year was solid and had a good mix of AP/dual credit courses that we could still attempt some of the BA programs (and NYUā€™s BFA) but are finding that the handful of programs weā€™ve applied to where academics are competitive, we are getting nos. Thankful for the artistic yeses along the way, especially for our kiddos that may not fit the typical student mold.

1 Like

Yes! Correct - he is the student and will be doing the calling and the emailing!!

Pace or NYU would be amazing for him!!

Thank you!

2 Likes

Just wanted to take a minute to wish everyone here a happy World Theatre Day!!

4 Likes

no, but it is highly probable itā€™s a waitlist if last year is anything to go on. But some kids can still get yesses. Also Iā€™m guessing they will let you know this week, like before April.

My son will most likely be releasing Pace (BFA Acting) this week. Fingers crossed for your son, hopefully some releases also come through for FTVC!

1 Like

The Acting and MT program are very closely intermingled with one another at Otterbein. My son is a junior MTD. Message me
If you have any questions

Hi again, any chance you can ask your student about freshman TFT housing? My son is filling out the housing application and wondering what is the best on campus housing for him. Heā€™s not sure if UCLA will match him with TFT students or not. Also is it best to have double, triple OCH and which dorms might be best for Theater kids. Thank you.

S was waitlisted at Western Michigan, the email said that the waitlist was short and that his status is ā€˜very activeā€™. Any idea what the odds of getting pulled of WMUā€™s waitlist are?

My D came off the WL at Western Michigan in mid-April in 2020. We were on the short list so I would think you have a good chance. Best of luck to your S! Although we picked a different program because we were unable to visit, we thought it was a great program. It was a very tough decision for my D.

1 Like

Congrats on WL at WMU.
Was that today?
Still waiting over hereā€¦

Has anyone heard back from UNC Greensboro for either Acting or MT?

UNCG results went out weeks ago. Definitely email if you havenā€™t heard.

1 Like

He heard back last week! I would email them!

1 Like

This is what my student said:

ā€œI personally chose not to live with tft kids, but I think itā€™s possible to choose to live on an arts floor. I donā€™t think UCLA matches you with tft students, you have to request specific Roommates if you want to be matched. If the student is a freshman, thereā€™s almost no way that they will end up in a double, even if they request it.ā€

When I went to UCLA I lived in Sproul Hall freshman year with a non tft roommate. We got along well! Sproul was the closest dorm to the path to North Campus where the theatre department is. It was a little run down but I still loved it. I have no idea what itā€™s like now because there has been a lot more housing built since then and updates :slight_smile:

My D is a senior MT at Western Michigan and in previous years kids have come off the waitlist. I can tell you it has been a wonderful experience for my D(even with
Covid).If you have any questions, please reach out.

Thank you! It would be amazing. He sent an email to Pace this morning reaffirming his interest in the school and his desire to be in this program. Canā€™t hurt!

We have been discussing next steps if he is rejected from NYU. This is a hard and stressful time, but not the end of the world - just feels like it in the moment!!

Good luck to your son!!

My S replied to the email saying that it was his top choice school and he would commit straight away if asked; we didnā€™t receive a response. Is that normal, or should we write another email? thank you for the help!

totally normal!

Looks like she has some great options! I am curious why she is leaning toward Hartt. My son also got accepted to the MT BFA but we donā€™t know much about the program. Why does she like it over CCM?