Artistic acceptances MT/Acting class of 2026

Hello! This thread is an opportunity to begin discussing your artistic (and academic) acceptances for the class of 2026. At some point in the next week I will make a chart that we can all edit as the offers begin to roll in.

For now, let’s use this thread to talk about who you’re hearing from, it can be both acceptances and the “no’s”.

Thanks everyone!

17 Likes

i can start! so far one acceptance to Lynn U BFA program. it’s a new program in boca raton Florida. waiting to hear from many more!!

12 Likes

Congratulations!! my D is still enjoying her rounds and rounds of auditions, and awaiting for good news. Oh one rejection sofar, from Juilliard.

4 Likes

thank you! it only takes one as they say!

2 Likes

I always say, “all you need is one.” And luckily, my D22 has that one in LMU and it’s a good one to have in her pocket. Still, always nice to have options!

Oh and it’s a BA program. She only applied to one BFA (USC) and received a soft rejection last week.

5 Likes

what is LMU? and congrats to her!!

1 Like

Forgive me, Loyola Marymount and thank you!

1 Like

Let me preface with my D cast a WIDE net. She applied to about 35 schools and then added about 15 from her NATCA audition. Results so far- (still waiting on a lot of decisions)

Acceptances BFA MT-

Emory and Henry
Auburn University
Stephens Conservatory
Anderson University, SC
Sam Houston State
Belmont (also BM)
Lindenwood
Nebraska Wesleyan
AMDA
Manhattanville College
BOCO
Florida Southern
Oakland University
LIU- Post

Acceptance BA MT-

Siena Heights

10 Likes

Thanks for starting this thread!
So far my DS has acceptances at BFA ACTING at Elon, CCM and Catholic.

7 Likes

Thankful this thread has been started, but is there any way to link it to the Musical Theatre Major section of this site rather than College Admissions? Or maybe I just need to learn how to use the site better, lol.

ohhh hmmmm i will work on that!

Hello everyone. I am new to this page, but active on MT/Acting FB pages. Like Allie (above) my D cast a wide net and participated in NATCA and TxETA virtual auditions.

Acceptances:

BFA MT - Ouachita Baptist

BFA Performance & Production (non-audition) - Texas State

BFA Acting:

Oklahoma City U
Slippery Rock U
Long Island U
Univ of Utah
Lindenwood U
Anderson U - SC School of the Arts
Sam Houston
Stephens Conservatory
TAMUWest
U Texas Arlington

• a few other non-competetive programs

Waitlist:
Baylor U
Univ of Oklahoma

Still on the audition docket before the end of Feb :
Texas Tech
Abilene Christian
Univ of Houston

No answer yet, one way or the other:

Missouri State (the main reason I joined in the discussion… Has anyone heard yet? I know they are still in unifieds and probably waiting until after?)

Nebraska Wesleyan (just had her audition with them earlier this week)

2 Likes

My DD auditioned for MT with MSU on Saturday. I have seen that they respond with results as soon as the next day but we still have nothing here. She was a walk-in. I also was thinking they are waiting until after Unifieds. She did not audition with the program Director.

1 Like

@KristyakaJsMom

Congrats! Those are a lot of great schools. Are y’all in Texas? I see a lot of Texas schools on there! We are. :slight_smile:

As far as Missouri State, my D canceled her audition because she got overwhelemed, so can’t help you there, sorry.

Thank for the info. MSU was always on her list so she did a virtual a few weeks ago. She got a very nice & detailed letter from Lisa complimenting her auditions and stating that MSU IS interested in her, but they are “not yet making final selections”. She kind of took it as a waitlist, but it didn’t really say waitlist. D is waiting so patiently but I am totally ready for unifieds to be over so she might hear something - ughh…

Congratulations! Wonderful options already!! I didn’t realize Elon was already sending out notifications? My son auditioned for BFA Acting but hasn’t heard anything yet.

Yes we are. Did ya’ll attend CAPW in Aug? It (& NATCA) were so great at helping her connect with a large pool of schools!

One up & coming program she met there - D LOVES - Slippery Rock (well really she loves Aaron - haha). But since it is so far away she is waiting on final aid package to see if it is an option since we have to weigh in cost of travel. The scholarship offers apparently come through the aid office and don’t get sent until March.

2 Likes

How long did it take for them to respond initially? Yes, I have heard this is a “waitlist”. Students that receive acceptances seem to be asked to accept or release by April 1. At that point they move to their waitlist.

it was 11 days between audition and letter

1 Like

Elon has an early round of acceptances but you have to audition wayyy early!

1 Like