Aspiring Journalist Seeking Answers

<p>Hello!</p>

<p>I am an aspiring fashion/editorial/human-interest journalist. Currently, I am a first year student at a small, but pretty prestigious liberal arts college in the midwest. My stats are not perfect, but definitely top-college worthy.</p>

<p>My question is this: As much as I am enjoying my college, I honestly and truly do not feel like this is the place for me. I do not quite fit into the college vibe and am seriously considering a transfer. Because I am so interested in journalism, I'd like to apply to a school with a pretty decent journalism program. Do you think that is a solid choice? Or would any old English degree be enough to break me into the business?</p>

<p>With that being said, I realize that I have missed many deadlines for schools that would potentially be interesting. Medill, for example, has a May 1st deadline. Whoops. And I know that they recommend that you transfer sophomore year and into the fall term.</p>

<p>I know that to really break into a business like Magazines, I should be in New York. That is very far from home, and while I think I could do it, I'd still like to be somewhere where I will feel like I'm having the "college experience" as a transfer student. I know that many large, in-city schools have a lot of students living off-campus and not interacting on a regular basis, which is something I do love about my small, close-knit college.</p>

<p>Does anyone have advice concerning where I should be aspiring to go and how I can get there? I really, really appreciate it.</p>