Attending class without taking the subject

<p>Hi I was wondering if you could attend a class without taking the tests and being assessed? Bcs I want to learn French but I don't think I will do well. Tq</p>

<p>what do you mean?
you cant really take a class anywhere and not be tested.
You can still try to learn it on your own if you want, but that is not as effective as classroom learning with a teacher,.</p>

<p>I suppose it depends on the school, but it sounds like it would be strange in any normally-structured high school. What about the class you’re supposed to be taking during the same period? Are you taking some other foreign language? If not, shouldn’t you be? If you are, what makes you think you’ll do badly in French, but okay in the language you are taking?</p>

<p>The whole question is pretty odd.</p>

<p>If you just want to learn French outside of school altogether, there are self-study methods and even classes available.</p>

<p>Sorry I didn’t make it clear. I am planning to take Malay as my second language bcs it is in fact my second language and I am confident I can cope with Malay. But I do wanna learn French ab as well. So my dilemma is could I self study Malay and still attend the French classes? </p>

<p>I know it’s very strange hahaha thank you </p>

<p>@ThereAreLlamas‌ </p>

<p>The technical term is auditing, and the decision depends on the school. You might pay to take the class as an auditor but not turn in any work. Sometimes you don’t even have to pay. It’s possible that a language class won’t allow auditors because actually doing the work is so important for learning a language. </p>

<p>Some schools have graduate level reading courses that prepare you for the language exams. French usually is offered. Costs are low, and there are no grades.</p>

<p>@Wordworker‌ Alright. Thank you very much! :slight_smile: </p>