Auburn vs SMU vs TCU vs Vandy (maybe) for Management or Finance

I will major in business, but I’m undecided on the precise major, probably management or finance. If Vandy, it will be HOD with Business minor. I’m from Texas and would like to one day work here but going oos for college has a little bit of an appeal. I am a huge sports fan, a little conservative, and not big into partying. I’m not against drinking and even enjoy watching others get drunk and act stupid, but that’s not me. My idea of fun is hanging out/eating out with friends, playing sports or games, or watching movies or sports. So, I’m undecided on Greek life. The family/supportive/collaborative vibe is important to me. I would be a BBA scholar at SMU and I’m confident I’ll get into the business schools at TCU and Auburn. I already have 24-30 credit hours at TCU and Auburn, less at SMU and way less at Vandy. I feel those credits will make it easier to study abroad and/or take on an additional internship. Auburn is obviously bigger than the others but felt smaller than its numbers and was extremely friendly. Vandy is obviously ranked higher but felt the least like a family. Anyway, any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

11 years since last post?

If Vandy doesn’t feel right don’t go there.

S20 had a very nice offer from SMU including BBA Scholar. If Covid hadn’t hit right before our visit he might’ve ended up there. I would think SMU would be hard to pass up.

Given what you want I’d choose SMU. All 4 are party hearty but BBA Scholars seems a fine program.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.