Bama Laundry

<p>Just received a letter regarding Bama laundry, where they will wash and fold your clothes. 20 lbs per week is $698 per year.
Has anyone used Bama Laundry?</p>

<p>A little background, I have an incoming freshman son who does not do laundry. I started showing him how to do laundry and even purchased his own hamper. After 45 days, my washing machine broke down, after he did a few loads. It’s not worth repairing, so now I have to buy a new washer. I will not let him near the new washer.</p>

<p>Do you think I should turn him loose on the washing machines at school, or bite the bullet and pay for Bama laundry?</p>

<p>Is there any assistance, if he uses the machines at school? By the way girls he’s tall, 6’2, suntanned and most girls at his high school call him “Hot”, do you think anyone will help him?</p>

<p>LOL Bamabound7…I would bet that he would be fine w/ the Bama washers. I sent my oldest son to do a Disney Internship for 7 months after only working with him thru 2 loads. He did fine. Seems that he found a couple of cute girls from Australia who took pity on him when they saw him staring at the machine and reading the directions! lol</p>

<p>Make sure you get those Shout Color Catchers for him. Never have to worry about pink underwear again! D says that they are the greatest invention ever for the laundry challenged.</p>

<p>Trust me, he will be fine.</p>

<p>Hey! No fair!</p>

<p>Girls: MY son is cute <em>and</em> possesses mad computer skills.</p>

<p>NRDMOM, Girls are cute, I’m sure you’re son is handsome, can he do laundry? </p>

<p>Thanks buzymom3, I’ll take your advice and buy the Shout Color Catchers and even some Tide pods, to make it as simple as possible-I can use the money I save, by not using Bama Laundry, towards my new washing machine.</p>

<p>Why would you ever pay that much money to have your laundry done? It’s easy and I’m sure most of us will be able to work the machines and show him how to.</p>

<p>Is he living in RCS - N Tower? My D is 5’10 blonde hair blue eyes and has mad laundry skills! I’ve been trying to maker her into a Southern Belle all summer! lol</p>

<p>bamabound7: Define "do laundry’. If it means throwing all his dirty clothes on the floor over a three room spread for a week, shoving a double load in the washer when he finally runs out of jeans, standing in the laundry room hollering “WHAT temperature do I do darks in again?”, removing a highly wrinkled load from the dryer because he ‘forgot’ it was there for two days, and constantly demanding my opinion on whether his white and baby blue striped boxers qualify as “light” or “dark”, well, then, yes - yes he does laundry.</p>

<p>He hasn’t broken my washer - yet. I sure am tired of finding car parts from his summer job in it though, sigh.</p>

<p>bamabound7: Maybe you want to try again – but at the local laundromat. That way, he can learn to do his laundry.</p>

<p>The other reason is, I taught my son who to do his laundry before he went to a summer program prior to his senior year of high school. It’s good I did. He called and told me that he had to instruct some girls on sorting their items, putting in the soap, etc.</p>

<p>Nrdmom…OUCH! Car parts??? You are a brave woman even letting him put anything in the washer…the worst thing I have found is a cell phone. My son’s…three times…just this summer. thank goodness for insurance!</p>

<p>I’m not sure what his definition of doing laundry will be. I will assume clothes will be on the floor and in the hamper, until he realizes he needs to wash, or wear wrinkled, smelly clothes.
Or the odor, of all that dirty laundry might get to him.
He has good hygiene, so he’ll be forced to do laundry, I think he should know how to wash and dry his clothes. And, I think the Bama laundry service is nice, but expensive.</p>

<p>Great idea about the laundromat-I’ll introduce him to one-if I can drag him away from his friends. </p>

<p>At the very least, he can still sort-(I will wash). and he can fold his dry clothing. I will not let him touch any buttons on my washer or dryer. </p>

<p>At least I don’t have to deal with car parts. What does your son do?</p>

<p>You folks are cracking me up. </p>

<p>I’ll throw my son in the “needs help” pool there too - 6’, blond hair, blue eyes. I plan to teach him on the machines when we get to school though - thought that might be less confusing.</p>

<p>Perhaps if someone designed a Steam game that gave points when you sorted, washed and folded laundry correctly my son would have a better shot at this.</p>

<p>bamabound7: My son can’t fold. Seriously. I think there’s something wrong with eye-hand-shirt coordination. Everything goes on hangers, except smaller items which get crammed in drawers. Packing is just shoving all his stuff in a duffle. He will be the <em>very</em> clean, (excellent personal hygiene) young man dressed as a walking wrinkle.</p>

<p>He’s interning with a BMW master mechanic - I’ve never seen him happier to leave home in summer. The plus: Promises to change my oil and rotate my tires. The minus: Weird metal car parts beating my washer and dryer to death.</p>

<p>Laundry in the new suite dorms should be very easy, not like the old days in the dorms…</p>

<p>I don’t know about all of the newer dorms but in RCS they have the new HE washing machines (I asked) …they should be able to throw just about anything in together put it on cold and use TIDE cold water HE detergent and anyone can do that…the TIDE HE cold water detergent comes in the pods…so they don’t even have to measure how much detergent to put in the washer…I’m sure these kids can figure out the washing part.</p>

<p>The question for me is the drying, ironing, steaming part :slight_smile: </p>

<p>OK so my clothes are washed now what? I’ve heard the dryers are very hot so not to dry everything. I can see a girl using a hanging rack but my S? and not so sure he will iron either? so may need to go the steamer route? any suggestions??</p>

<p>I know people who came to college having never touched a load of laundry. They are fine - that’s what Google is for!</p>

<p>The washers in Riverside and Lakeside are also HE.</p>

<p>HE washers use very little detergent about two tablespoons only!!</p>

<p>You can learn how to do anything on YouTube
<a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube;

<p>Really, anything…
[How</a> to touch wall with apple - How To Do Anything TV video - YouTube](<a href=“How to touch wall with apple - How To Do Anything TV video - YouTube”>How to touch wall with apple - How To Do Anything TV video - YouTube)</p>

<p>hahahahahaha Mesquite Girl!!!</p>