Bama Sweatshirts

<p>For all you soon to be Bama students here’s a great deal on hooded Alabama sweatshirts.
Now I wish my son would decide which school he’s going to so I could get him one. </p>

<p>They are $10.00 plus shipping. You can also use coupon code: DEFDEALS7 to get free shipping if you buy $50.00 or more. </p>

<p>[Ncaa</a> Sweatshirt | FinishLine.com](<a href="http://www.finishline.com/store/shop//N-/Ns-P_BestSellers%7C1/Ntt-ncaa+sweatshirt?Nao=0&cid=k1971&lid=j5617196k1971&sourceid=affiliate%5DNcaa">http://www.finishline.com/store/shop//N-/Ns-P_BestSellers|1/Ntt-ncaa+sweatshirt?Nao=0&cid=k1971&lid=j5617196k1971&sourceid=affiliate)</p>

<p>Nice! Thanks for that. Just ordered DH one and took advantage of shipping to the closest store so no shipping charge! Total of $10.91 :)</p>

<p>Thanks!
got three sweatshirts and a cool pair of Chuck Taylor’s all for $50!</p>

<p>This is awesome! I wish I were 100% officially set on UA; I can’t afford to spend anymore money on Bama merchandise until I am. But if they’re still around next week, it may be time. :)</p>

<p>All out of the girls styles :frowning: but ordered a mens small sweatshirt for my DD. Had to pay shipping as not available in stores near us. Still a deal!</p>

<p>Gosh, ours are a lot pricier:</p>

<p>[Champion</a> University of Alabama Crimson Tide Sweatshirt | Champion](<a href=“http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Men-Champion/Men_ShopByCategory-Champion/Men_Collegiate-Champion/Men_College_Alabama-Champion/AL1220.aspx]Champion”>http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Men-Champion/Men_ShopByCategory-Champion/Men_Collegiate-Champion/Men_College_Alabama-Champion/AL1220.aspx)</p>

<p>I’ll have to talk to the merchandising folks about that!</p>

<p>(Yours Truly wrote that product copy. :slight_smile: But I forgot to add “Roll Tide.” :D)</p>

<p>Man, that writing was so good I almost paid $35 for a sweatshirt!</p>

<p>In fairness, it does look to be a tad higher quality than the other hoodie…</p>

<p>;-)</p>

<p>Oops, forgot the hooded one. (We call them hoodies.)</p>

<p>[Champion</a> University of Alabama Crimson Tide Hoodie | Shop Champion](<a href=“http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Men-Champion/Men_ShopByCategory-Champion/Men_Collegiate-Champion/Men_College_Alabama-Champion/AL2071.aspx]Champion”>http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Men-Champion/Men_ShopByCategory-Champion/Men_Collegiate-Champion/Men_College_Alabama-Champion/AL2071.aspx)</p>

<p>LOL, loring…I admire your keen nose for “Someone is fishing for a compliment here!”</p>

<p>Thanks very much! Compliment gratefully reeled in…</p>

<p>just ordered mine! My local store didn’t carry it, so I had to pay for shipping; still a deal, though. thanks!</p>

<p>Grandma just ordered 2 of the Bama hoodies,
for HS graduation that is rapidly approaching…</p>

<p>Thanks for the heads up</p>

<p>I got my sweater in the mail a few days ago, and I must say, I have warn it every day since. What a great, comfortable, and sweet looking sweatshirt! Thanks for the tip, catdaddy! :-)</p>

<p>Thank you so much for bumping this! I was going through a phase of “am I sure I want to go to Bama?” when it was originally posted, and then completely forgot. I just ordered the two different sweatshirt styles and two pairs of Nike running shorts (gotta stock up for next year) for $65 with free shipping - great deal! Thanks so much to catdaddy for the great tip and the free shipping code!</p>

<p>Got one of each size, very nice but just a warning they run very small. Thankfully I can return the smallest one at the mall here and I still got the free shipping!</p>

<p>We got 4 sweatshirts in the mail yesterday … So awesome to get “stitched” items for $9.99! So thankful for the tip!</p>

<p>Glad to hear that everyone likes them! I didnt even order one for myself because my son is still deciding between Bama and UNC.</p>

<p>catdaddy – DS was accepted at UNC, too, but Bama won hands down. Hard to argue with “FREE” (or nearly free, at least). </p>

<p>Plus, the more I learn, the more I think there are more opportunities at Bama. I know that sounds weird, given UNC’s prestige and all, but NC’s current budget crisis is definitely having its impact on our UNC-system schools. (E.g., UNC just cut its Slavic Studies graduate department. I know that doesn’t sound so horrible, but…from the POV of my Byzantinist husband, Slavic Studies is not all that obscure! I think one would be hard put to name another top-30 university that doesn’t offer a doctorate in Russian History or Russian Language & Literature.)</p>

<p>In contrast, Bama seems to be on the upsurge – building new cutting-edge science facilities, expanding (rather than contracting) programs, and so on. I get the sense that the Bama atmosphere is positive, optimistic, buoyant. The same is not so true here in NC. From my limited observation, anyway. :)</p>

<p>Plus, Bama’s generous merit aid (based on stats, not on subjective criteria) gave DS the impression that they really wanted him. It’s great to feel wanted! </p>

<p>Several UNC advocates have PMd me to argue UNC’s adacemic superiority over Bama. I appreciated their concern and paid attention to their advice…but, in the end, I think they were leaving one large variable out of the equation: the Bama Honors College. UNC’s median SATs are around 1300. Bama’s Honors College SATs average around 1330. I know that’s apples and oranges, because it’s UNC in toto versus just one part of Bama. But OTOH the Honors College is “a college within a college,” very tight-knit, with its own dorms and courses. (There’s nothing comparable at UNC, unless you count the Cobb dorm. There’s an Honors Program, not an Honors College – big difference.) Moreover, Bama’s CBHP program has an average SAT composite of 1485 – higher than that of many Ivies! My son is not in this program (we didn’t even know about it at application time), but he’s in a dorm complex (Riverside) that has a lot of CBHPers, from what I’m told. Maybe some of their brilliance will rub off on him, LOL!</p>

<p>Are you in NC, BTW? Did UNC give your child merit aid? (I do confess that the fact DS didn’t get merit aid from UNC heavily – nay, decisively – influenced his ultimate choice. It also left a rather sour taste in our mouths. But YMMV.)</p>

<p>Oh, one more thing. I’ve heard from many sources that the UNC dorms are nothing to write home about (unless you want to write home to complain, LOL). Whereas Bama’s Honors College dorms are nicer than my house. :smiley: (Just kidding, although we do have a very average [NON-luxury] house…but these dorms are amazing. Almost makes me want to go back to school. Well, almost. ;)</p>

<p>Catdaddy: Just checked and saw that you’re in NC. We’re just north of Winston-Salem (Stokes County).</p>

<p>As I say, I’m still bitter that DS did not get any merit aid from UNC, because I happen to think he’s a pretty exceptional kid. (Don’t we all think that about our kids? :D) You’re in a different situation, because your son received a merit-aid offer from UNC.</p>

<p>But we didn’t choose Bama because of bitterness. We chose Bama because of “full ride for National Merit Finalists.” And then everything else just fell into place…</p>

<p>LadyD- Not sure what my son is going to do but we are going to let him decide. It will be hard to pass up the NMF package from Bama and the CBH program. We have been very impressed with the Honor’s college at Bama and the warm welcome they have given him when he visited. I am confident he would get a great education at Alabama that would prepare him for the med school process. </p>

<p>However, he’s also been accepted into UNC’s honors program and their scholars program. This will give him more personalized attention than most get. He will be in a scholars “pod” with about 40 other students that have a professor as mentor and advisor. It will also allow him to have access to research opportunities early on. He was a Morehead finalist but did not receive the scholarship. That hurt but it did give him some good insight to Carolina while he was there for the finalist weekend.</p>

<p>Bama’s package is certainly better from a financial standpoint but Carolina’s will cover his tuition, which helps. </p>

<p>I am comfortable with the options either way he decides.</p>

<p>catdaddy—congrats to your DS! It’s great to have those options. We really didn’t. Full freight for UNC is not an option for us.</p>

<p>I never heard of the scholars program and that “pod” thing. It sounds fantastic. Your son must be VERY bright and gifted!</p>

<p>Best wishes with whatever he decides. :D</p>