Bard entrance examination

I am currently a junior in highschool (going into senior year) and plan to apply to bard through the entrance examination route.

On the website it says I will still have to send my transcript & a letter of recommendation after passing the exam. So does this mean my highschool grades still matter? My grades are in really bad shape at the moment due to some personal family issues. So is it possible they will rescind the offer?

Yes, I believe your high school transcript will still matter. I also imagine you could provide a supplemental statement explaining the circumstances that contributed to your current grades. You would want to do this if your current grades are an aberration and your previous academic record demonstrates that you have historically achieved higher grades. You may also want to submit a mid-term grade report from the Fall 2022 first academic term; if you are doing well in your classes at that time it will demonstrate an upward trend to the admissions department.
Good luck!

3 Likes

I agree that they will still look at your grades, but this sounds like a great way for you to demonstrate proficiency that your grades may not. And that will likely diminish the importance of the grades. Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you! I am just a bit worried because my grades have been going downhill for many years. Yep, I think I definitely need the boost otherwise I will actually get in trouble. Hopefully I can make it in!

Ahh thank you! I hope you’re right.

1 Like